Silver ring - been lost for a while I'd guess

OnTheBeach

First old tarnished silver ring for me this year. Others have been shiny - almost like new.

003.jpg

blue star ring crop resize.jpg

How long would that ring been on the beach in the salt water to get tarnished like that?

Still have some work to do cleaning it up.

congrats on silver ring #1 salt water does in silver after a while that one probly was dropped last summer maybe by the looks of it doesnt have the thick crust on it

pic #1 was after a shake around in vinegar with some crusty coins & junk jewellery. pic #2 was after multiple on foil & baking soda & boiling water baths & a quick polish ..........

Please, someone tell me it's older than last summer - I'm hoping I'm finally getting down to some older stuff - it has been a tough few months :no: I need some hope ! :yes:

I'll keep at it anyway :digginahole:

It has been there for a while... Depending on the makeup of the shoreline...

If it is heavy black sand in areas, has runoff from areas, even salinity matters. Personally I would gamble it been buried longer. Look at a post I made a few weeks back with a silver spoon ring. That has been "under" for quite a few years... Not all areas have the "cookie coin" effect on built up corrosion around the silver...

Don't post where you are hunting on the board... Keep location to yourself, but areas do matter even with corrosion... The other items dug from that area, even coins, how new? Even a coin from the 80's is now 30 years old... Something to consider....

I took a look at the spoon ring you found. I found a similar ring like that last winter (Avon) & figured it had been down there maybe 20 years. It was the most tarnished ring I'd ever found & a lot of work just to bring it back to looking old & not ancient!

I bet that ring is from the 70's.

Don't ask how I know!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom