• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What shoes for water hunting ?

MattLock

Elite Member
What kind of shoes do you use while hunting in creeks or at the beach ?

Last edited:
Would scuba boots work well in a creek with rocks and trash ? Do you use them at the beach

absolutely!

bare_ice_boot.jpg

Same as above. I generally wear scuba boots since I deal with a lot of areas full of broken glass and hazards.
I also use a smaller, lighter set in areas that are nicer or when its very hot out and I use my 3mm shorty.

Switched to barefoot. You can feel the sputnik sinkers before you dig them though:lol:

I still go out and hunt the water/beach and some fields barefoot....even this very am I was out in the dark foot naked and hunting!...10yrs detecting without a cut!...sure we see broken bottle bottoms and glass all over the parking lot or in the water, but a guy learns how to walk different barefoot...

Most Humans on this Planet get along just fine without shoes of any sort....

Last edited:
The ones jason in enid posted are good, you can eve sew on a few additional patches on the lower outsides where they are just neoprene to help protect a bit better with stingrays if you are a salt water hunter.

Vermont repealed the ban in July 2016 when they realized that rock snot wasn’t an invasive species and actually native to Vermont.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is good to know. The boots for my chest waders have felt bottoms and have had to avoid fishing in Vermont.

Back
Top Bottom