How many of you got a detector for Christmas ?

ohiochris

Elite Member
I would have liked a new detector this year but what I got was 3 ceiling fans , a bathroom exhaust fan , a cordless drill , and a reciprocating saw.....all of which I have to pay for :lol: but atleast I had the opportunity to get them , which is rare. Oh.....and now I have a list of projects to keep me busy for a while :lol:

Oh well , maybe next year :lol:

I would have liked a new detector this year but what I got was 3 ceiling fans , a bathroom exhaust fan , a cordless drill , and a reciprocating saw.....all of which I have to pay for :lol: but atleast I had the opportunity to get them , which is rare. Oh.....and now I have a list of projects to keep me busy for a while :lol:

Oh well , maybe next year :lol:

.....what ? .....you didn't also get "....a partridge in a pear tree" ? :laughing:

No new detector, didn't need one as mine is still fairly new and I can get much more use out of it before considering an upgrade later on.

I am very happy with what I did get, a Nokia Lumia 1520 smartphone ! :yes:

I got a Garrett Carrot so technically that's a detector. Had to order it myself since my wife is MD illiterate but she did get to wrap it and put it under the tree for me.

Not me! I think you would receive more replies if you titled it Who didn't get a detector for X-Mas?
:laughing:
Damn you Santa! :no:

'Damn you Santa' Indeed! :laughing: I remember when I figured out Christmas was a complete scam intended as a cruel form of 'Kid Crowd Control'......I was 8...I've not liked Christmas ever since!...To this day I dread its approach and my impending seasonal disappointment and prepare myself accordingly for a major let down....

Sure I smile as I unwrap my 'gifts' and make the best of it for everyone elses sake, but I have never gotten a damn thing from Santa that I wanted or needed...A bag of coal would have been at least useful! My folks were not into knives or guns or anything of merit, plus from what I hear I was a pretty bad kid I guess...the year I got nothing but a rosary and a holy scapula really tipped me right off the edge though...that was the breaking point for me...

so yeah..it was a character building experience alright...If you want something, you gotta get it yourself! Its easier to work and buy (or steal) what you need than try to try to behave all year long! :laughing:

So Damn you Santa! You just try to pull this $hit on top of my house and slide down the chimbley just once you fat btard and see what you got coming to you! Heres a hint, it aint milk and cookies! :laughing: A reciprocating saw would sure put some reindeer meat in the MudPuppy freezer pretty damn quickly...I got the drill already...for your fat teeth you elf enslaver kid promiser of no account Tosser! HoHoHo my @ss!
Mud

When your 65 years young it sounds better then girlfriend, for those not that old can still look it up in the dictionary. :grin:

If I say domestic partner then some my get the wrong idea..:shock:

Happy to return a little knowledge, I have been cramming of it at Detecting365.com Your Arsenal of Metal Detecting Knowledge

Very cool, glad you are finding it useful and learning some tricks n tips :)

Tons of new articles coming down the pipe this year as we are about to get our 1 millionth unique view, so we will be cranking new content out regularly to reach that milestone!

We appreciate those of you who read the magazine and enjoy our content.

We love to promote others, so if anyone has a regularly updated site that they would like promoted, just PM me.

I got my twelve year old daughter a White's TreasurePro for Christmas. That's what she wanted too. I was surprised because she usually uses mine but she wanted her own I guess.

I got my twelve year old daughter a White's TreasurePro for Christmas. That's what she wanted too. I was surprised because she usually uses mine but she wanted her own I guess.

Now THAT is cool!

My 9 yr old has been detecting for close to 5 yrs, he started with a BH Jr, then got a Minelab GoFind 20, and now he uses my AT PRO sometimes.

After using those others, and knowing my ATP has numbers he said "Dad, i want to dig coins in the 80's." I knew then that he was ready for the next step...lol

Congrats on your time detecting with your daughter, THAT is the real treasure!

I can be bad all year and still get gifts with my birthday on X-mas eve :lol:
I got a Go Pro for my birthday, don't know if I'll figure it out or use it ?
A few days before Christmas, I was out browsing and shopping,
I saw a detector that I couldn't pass up...
e1deb78400bdd29b243ad71b9bd8c34c.jpg
And I named it CTX Charlie

I can be bad all year and still get gifts with my birthday on X-mas eve [emoji38]
I got a Go Pro for my birthday, don't know if I'll figure it out or use it ?
A few days before Christmas, I was out browsing and shopping,
I saw a detector that I couldn't pass up...
View attachment 372307
And I named it CTX Charlie
11f479ffa43ff7307c86c6bc416a4ae4.jpg

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Now THAT is cool!

My 9 yr old has been detecting for close to 5 yrs, he started with a BH Jr, then got a Minelab GoFind 20, and now he uses my AT PRO sometimes.

After using those others, and knowing my ATP has numbers he said "Dad, i want to dig coins in the 80's." I knew then that he was ready for the next step...lol

Congrats on your time detecting with your daughter, THAT is the real treasure!

I'm just wondering how much longer she's going to be interested. My son (23 now) was interested too back when he was younger. After age 12 he was more interested in chasing girls. I guess I just enjoy the time we have together now. Hmm, maybe she'll stay interested.

Back
Top Bottom