Who else has found a Sharks Tooth on a fresh water beach?

Dirty Genu

Forum Supporter
Hunted after work for 1 hour 45 mins this morning, with little to show for it.
I will try again tomorrow.
Happy nappy guys.

6-5-13finds001SML_zps82dfed75.jpg

6-5-13finds004SML_zpsd56d51a9.jpg

6-5-13finds003SML_zps2f5696d1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
At least it was parr of a necklace and not just a tooth. That would make me think twice before I went back in the water.

There is a bay off the Potomac River (not tidal) called Shark's Tooth Bay. There is a beach there that is accessible only by water that is peppered with shark's teeth. You can fill a coffee can in an hour. Of course they don't come pre-wired like yours. Handy when they come that way.

Very cool find! I remember watching a show a while back about how sharks are swimming up rivers and living in fresh water for short periods of time. I guess theoretically you could find a shark tooth on a fresh water beach. Congratulations.

Very cool find! I remember watching a show a while back about how sharks are swimming up rivers and living in fresh water for short periods of time. I guess theoretically you could find a shark tooth on a fresh water beach. Congratulations.

teeth are on several freshwater beaches. All of Fl. used to be underwater. In the middle of Texas i've found big nautilus type fossils. Several fresh water rivers have more teeth than an ocean beach. The shark that tooth came from died out a long time ago.

Well I learned something. I had no idea that there were so many sharks teeth out there to be found.
Thanks for the replies guys.

I didn't go MDing this morning. We have steady rain at the moment and I have been waiting for rain to pack down the sand we put back on the beach with the Bobcat.:D

The Bullshark. It can live in fresh or salt water. You can get bit by one of them in almost any body of water that connects to the ocean. :( From Wickapedia............... After Hurricane Katrina, many bull sharks were sighted in Lake Pontchartrain.Bull sharks have occasionally gone up the Mississippi River as far upstream as Alton, Illinois.They have also been found in the Potomac River in Maryland.

Back
Top Bottom