American Diggers = American Idiots

Burbank Bob

Forum Supporter
Saw a preview on Spike last night for the next show.. seems the "Diggers" are going to loot some old public property without permission and the cops come...

How much more damage are these idiots going to do to our hobby before they pull that moronic show?

I really hope NONE OF YOU act like these people do. If you do, DO US A FAVOR AND FIND ANOTHER HOBBY.

i agree

couldnt of said it better myself...that show is gonna put a damper on our hobby, Ric savage is a old fake wrestler and just as fake treasure hunter. i hope this is the only season for that show, i saw previews for a diamond diver show coming soon, gonna be another far fetched show with modern day pirates and everything.

agree, that show puts a bad light on the hobby, now when you ask permission people think you're going to come in there with backhoes and other heavy equipment and tear the place up.

Supposedly they are at some crime bosses house. I cant remember which one.

Anyone who believes that show is real and the finds are not planted ones needs to go to bed early Christmas eve.Maybe even take a sleeping pill.Don't want to walk out on Santa Claus dropping off that new etrac.Maybe Ric Savage can fit down a chimney?:laughing: New names are Plumbob,Genepool,Rude,and Ric Sandwich.Every show has to have villains and superheroes.Now we just need some superheroes to bust the villains with a chair.From the looks of Rics forehead he took quite a few razor blades to the forehead in his wrassling career.If you believe wrassling is real,this show is almost as believable:lol:
:laughing:

The show is ridiculous! How about the top dollar he gets from the antique dealers for the rusted junk he digs up. They are all just standing there ready to peel off the hundred dollar bills for his worthless garbage. The entire show is fake and stupid.

Saw a preview on Spike last night for the next show.. seems the "Diggers" are going to loot some old public property without permission and the cops come...

How much more damage are these idiots going to do to our hobby before they pull that moronic show?

I really hope NONE OF YOU act like these people do. If you do, DO US A FAVOR AND FIND ANOTHER HOBBY.

Whereas I agree with you that the show is terrible, and shines a negative light on the [hobby], it is not "our" hobby alone, meaning, I've always had a problem with the mentality that people think they can claim things inherently for themselves like they own it, or believe that their way of doing [it] is the absolute correct one. It's just arrogance. It's no different than a Spaniard stepping foot on this soil and claiming it Spains, and ignoring the inhabitants. Oh whoops, that's how our country got started. Catch the analogy? I know, it's a stretch, but you get the point. The hobby is everyones to do with as they see fit, whether you agree with their ways or not, our opinions on it are just that. Our rules, or code of ethics, only apply to those that believe in them, and for anyone to state that they are absolute in any way, or hint that they are, is a wee bit close-minded. I happen to agree with [our] way of doing this hobby, but if the guys in the show don't agree with that, and do it as they see fit, then all I can do is disagree with it. I just wont go as far as to claim this hobby as my own, or even bolder, OUR own, and leave it at that. Just remember, everyone is entitled to enjoy a hobby the way they see fit, as long as it doesn't break the law, or injury someone, the way in-which they do it is open to interpretation. Agree, or disagree, it's a choice.

I can watch the shows, since I refuse to pay for TV, and will stick to antenna TV. But, it really sounds more like a parody, than anything they are trying to sell as reality. Seems like they are completely focusing on all the negatives, and unrealistic expectation people have concerning our hobby. Don't think anybody really wants to get involved in doing something, which a homeowner might want to come out of the house shooting at you. Or take the risk of getting arrested. Obviously, to us anyway, nobody is going to pay thousands for rust out trash items, doubt most people believe it either.

Nobody likes to be the point of any joke, and probably why some many of us get upset with these shows. The thought of allowing permission to some radom stranger, to wander my property, and dig holes, has never really had much appeal. Not really much in it for the property owner, except a little cultivating. Just don't see the benefit or incentive.

Most everyone has a computer these days, and the potential to produce literature and media, to show what they really do, what they find. They can show how the holes are dug, filled, and how they leave a site, graphically. Would be nice if we could get some slideshows put together, or short videos, to show to property owners, even parks departments, city hall, the police, or any concerned citizen who feels a need to give us grief, over imagined damage, and negative impact. I know we have some talented people here, and if we could get a few things thrown together to share. Most folks also have cell phones or media players to download these presentations, and have them handy, when needed.

it, whether you agree with their ways or not, our opinions on it are just that. Our rules, or code of ethics, only apply to those that believe in them, and for anyone to state that they are absolute in any way, or hint that they are, is a wee bit close-minded.

Close minded?

Do you believe that the show paints the hobby in a positive light that will see more detectorists getting permission to hunt properties?

Nothing is "Absolute" however the code of ethics is "reasonable" and those that would follow them generally have a good run with detecting. They also don't tick a lot of people off with the results from their plunder.

What problem do you have in particular with it? (code of ethics)

I'm curious since you raised the point to contend that it only applies to those that believe/accept it.. Kind of like the Church of Guido Sarducci...

What I think is funny is when he goes to cash in at the end of the show. The dealers always know exactly what he pulls out of the bag (all the details, history, etc), as soon as it comes out, while it's still in Savage's hands. The dealer never verifies anything & seems to instantly know the value of every single item, no matter what it is. It's so obvious that the whole conversation & "purchase" was preconstructed before Rick ever walked in the door. "Reality" my tushy.

A moronic show for a moronic audience. I wish they put out that pile of BS soon :mad:

someone told me they have a mxt that can detect relics buried bellow a car door, please tell where can I buy that :iwish:

I do think most of the show is BS but he has made a point of getting permission before doing any mding in any of the shows that I have seen.

Whereas I agree with you that the show is terrible, and shines a negative light on the [hobby], it is not "our" hobby alone, meaning, I've always had a problem with the mentality that people think they can claim things inherently for themselves like they own it, or believe that their way of doing [it] is the absolute correct one. It's just arrogance. It's no different than a Spaniard stepping foot on this soil and claiming it Spains, and ignoring the inhabitants. Oh whoops, that's how our country got started. Catch the analogy? I know, it's a stretch, but you get the point. The hobby is everyones to do with as they see fit, whether you agree with their ways or not, our opinions on it are just that. Our rules, or code of ethics, only apply to those that believe in them, and for anyone to state that they are absolute in any way, or hint that they are, is a wee bit close-minded. I happen to agree with [our] way of doing this hobby, but if the guys in the show don't agree with that, and do it as they see fit, then all I can do is disagree with it. I just wont go as far as to claim this hobby as my own, or even bolder, OUR own, and leave it at that. Just remember, everyone is entitled to enjoy a hobby the way they see fit, as long as it doesn't break the law, or injury someone, the way in-which they do it is open to interpretation. Agree, or disagree, it's a choice.

I think when he says we'll go halves or whatever and then make the place as good as we found it id love to see that cos hgtv couldnt fix the place as good as they found it after dynamite, back hoes, 5 foot holes, dragging half a tractor up, etc.

Id like to see the before and after shots cos no freakin way is that garden or field as good afterwards as before

I haven't seen it in a while, but the episode where they searched for automotive artifacts really po'ed me. I can't remember, but I think they broke somebody's water-line and did some worthless patch up job on it, then moved on. I'd like to think that the only people who are under the impression that md'ers are all like that are the moron cast of the show.

Just one man's opinion but the show is a farce and does a disservice to the hobby.

Rick Savage is a bafoon and unfortunately, people will assume the same of us.

Count me in the column of hoping this show is one and done.

Its on at 10 tonight I think. Cant wait to actually see an episode. I have only seen snippets on the net

I haven't seen it in a while, but the episode where they searched for automotive artifacts really po'ed me. I can't remember, but I think they broke somebody's water-line and did some worthless patch up job on it, then moved on. I'd like to think that the only people who are under the impression that md'ers are all like that are the moron cast of the show.

I seen that worthless patch job too, as the son of a service plumber I know this is leaking right now, and the owner of the property has no idea, just a patch of grass that always seems to be growing real well - or a well pump that cycles for no reason...
Leaks like that can be hard to find, and burying something like that without a proper fix should be a crime...

Back
Top Bottom