How Personal Can We Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

airhead

This should be a friendly family thread, but how friendly and personal can you get?
If someone needed and wanted to talk to out siders, and felt confident enough to talk and seek advice from his fellow MDers in here.
How far should the conversion go? I'm not talkin about X rated, just serious life situations, were someone might not have anywhere to turn too.

We are talkin about me, an I seek some honest chat and/or advice on matters.

This is far from a life an death situation, but serious enough to reach out and talk with people and/or friends that I feel comfortable talkin with.

PMin is the best way, and don't want people that are just nosey, lookin for friends, that can just give good advice, that really care about other members.
Sometimes, it is comforting to chat, talk and/or hear advice from others who really don't know you per say.

But I do think it is important to post this, so others will know, that friends and comforting is here, at all levels.

For now lets just post feed back on what should take place, and/or talked about and expected.

Although, things are not that bad, it should be noted that you can start a thread or post and seek some advice and/or concealing.

If we're gonna have a friendly lforum like this one, I think it would be very beneficial to all, to know that you can post a serious life matter and get honest, serious advice from friends in here who care.

Your friend Airhaed.:?:

I can say that I have shared a very personal situation on here that was extremely serious. I too wondered just how much I should share with people I have never actually met. I was an emotional mess and just needed some feedback and I guess looking for someone who may have went through this same experience.

What I found here on the forum was compassion, understanding and a Friendly shoulder to lean on. I found that there were others here who have went through the same thing and had a lot of good advice to offer. Many PMs telling me that I was in their thoughts and prayers. I was given phone numbers to call if I ever needed anything even if it was just to vent.
It helped in in a very tough time that I thought was going to destroy my whole family. I will always remember how the members of this forum helped me through this and I will be forever grateful for that.

Yeah, sharing with others who have gone thru similar situations. I remember counselling with a pastor and found some comfort in the strangest statement- "maybe the difference in you and those you admire is you got caught and they didn't". You never know what words or experiences-no matter how weird- may help others.:yes:

I'll ask advice sometimes on VERY personal stuff just to get honest genuine feedback from "outsiders". You'd be surprised on perspectives or insight others can give, -especially complete strangers where you can lay out the whole situation, the good and bad....and not be scared that they will judge you, because it's irrelevant.

Not that we're complete strangers here, because through more and more posts you do gain some substance of who the person behind the screen is. But it's almost a type of therapy to be able to get it all out and off yourself, and relate to others in ways you may not know. No one is perfect, we all have issues and we all make mistakes and that's what makes us real. Personally, I can't stand fake people that have to put on a front so you never meet the real person on the inside. I ain't got time for fake people.

I also find it helps bring humility and acceptance. One thing though, just watch how much personal real information you do post openly though, members aren't the only ones that can see the this forum and you don't want anyone running around looking up your address or soc sec number or anything like that. :laughing:

I think that is part of what separates Friendly Metal Detecting Forum from the others. I'm not generally one who will openly speak about personal issues But I have found I can here and still feel comfortable.

I can say this, I recently went through a huge betrayal that left me beyond hurt. There is a member here that has been by my side and helped me through one of the toughest times in my life. If not for our conversations and focused discussions, who knows what could have ended up happening. I never like to share personal info, because this isn't really "the" place for that, but I have in the past and FMDF members have proven to be class acts for the most part.

He knows who he is, and I appreciate having a friend to talk to when I needed one the most.

Everyone tries to act like nothing bothers them, or that they're tough, but the truth is, we call need a shoulder to lean on, an ear to talk to, a friend to help cooler heads prevail sometimes. FMDF has been my home away from home since December 2010 when I first joined, and I couldn't be happier to be among some of the kindest, friendliest people around.

Sure we have disagreements sometimes, but our common bond keeps us together like a family. The members here are the best of any detecting forum, and I appreciate those who have been there when I needed a friend, or advice.

We're all human first, and as such, we need friendship and support during our toughest times in life. FMDF isn't necessarily the place for that, but, that support and guidance is given freely here, and you guys are the best for it.

This forum has proven itself as a place where people offer sincere advice to help others.

But it's up to how you feel personally about what you share on an open forum, if you didn't want to post all the details of a situation, you could always make a general statement and ask if anyone has gone thru a similar experience and can offer advice to PM you and you'll discuss it further.

With probably VERY rare exceptions, FMDF has lived up to it's name of being FRIENDLY ! :D

I guess get as personal as you feel comfortable posting somewhere that will be forever on the internet.
I've gotten and given advice, but in PMs. With a group this big and diverse there is bound to be someone out there who could help...

Wow what a bunch of wonderful warming replies to this post, I do thank.
Today I just relaxing and gathering my thoughts and feelings.
:pullhair:

I can not find or remember how to close a thread, and will consider this one over and done.
Thank you all, you are the best, and to the ones that PMed me an extra thank you.

I have decided to go viral in this forum, for two reasons, #1. to hear what others think, to benefit me in my time of need. And #2. perhaps someone in need who afraid to ask may stumble upon this thread and read it.

I will start a thread titled Viral Help! Keep your eyes open if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom