Silver dollar found on the surface by my mother!

ISU Boomer

Elite Member
My mom just texted me. She said, "who needs a metal detector. I found this 1900 silver dollar laying on the ground at our shed". Sorry about the bad pic I will see if she can send a better one.

I know I shouldn't be jealous because this is an awesome find but I can't help but be upset that I didn't find it. :laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 308
COOL! ISU, doesn't your mother detect sometimes also or was that someone else I was thinking of? For your sake I sure as he** hope she doesn't. :laughing:

No. She doesn't detect. I hope she doesn't get it in her mind to start. I want the rest of the goodies to stay there for me. :laughing:

Bro, you say that you don't get home much, are you sure she didn't plant it so you'll come over? Lol jk. Congrats to your mom! That's crazy!

If thats on the surface, what hiding underneath?! Get over there and visit your mom (and of course detect the yard too!)

I know. I've had this spot on my list along with a few others on our land. There are several old farm sites and an old school house that have all been torn down and are now either fields or woods. About a month ago I was home and scouted the old school site out but it is heavily wooded and I didn't find much. I wish I would have started at this site because I'm sure I would have found this dollar. They built the shed about 3 years ago and a new grain bin last year. I'm assuming the dollar was dug up during the construction and has been laying there until today. I should make it home in the next month or so and will try the shed site first. Hopefully there are more silver dollars hiding for me.

You're totally right, I could only see the front of the coin when I searched for it. They made barber halves but not dollars. They never made barber dollars :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom