Semi Key Date Indians

rizar33

A friend wants to buy these and wants me to make an offer. I have no clue how to grade a coin but I think they are in pretty good condition. The 1870 is a "Shallow N" variety and I was told the 1864 looks like an "L" but not to sue how to tell.

Just looking for some straight and fair pricing as I know they have been dug out of the ground but man are they in nice shape!!

Attachments

• Indians Front.jpg
    Indians Front.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 332
  • Indians Back.jpg
    Indians Back.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 247
A friend wants to buy these and wants me to make an offer. I have no clue how to grade a coin but I think they are in pretty good condition. The 1870 is a "Shallow N" variety and I was told the 1864 looks like an "L" but not to sue how to tell.

Just looking for some straight and fair pricing as I know they have been dug out of the ground but man are they in nice shape!!
Tell Sue to look again........................

The 1864 IS a L variety, you can clearly see the L in your your pic....it is sideways and in the ribbon going straight down just left of the bottom feather. That huge scratch kills the value on it though

Here's a picture of MY 1870 I.H. that was also dug up. I sold it on ebay for $77 . Your 1864, with that big scratch I have NO idea of value. I hope this helps you price your coins.

Attachments

• 100_0990.JPG
    100_0990.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 205
Frank, your 1870 is way nicer, has a smoother surface, no pitting, or corrossion, it is not pourous....collectors would want yours more for sure. His is still an awesome find, But I think the dug value would be closer to $40, on the 1864L if he could get $20-25 he should take it and run!

Back
Top Bottom