Update on possible meteorite

Didn't know slag could be magnetic. But, ya learn something new every day. Truly sorry to hear the news.

It doesn't bother me in the least and it was fun to see real ones and the stories behind them with Al... I was hoping because where I found it one broke up in the same area and a they said a few pieces went into the water... I feel bad for PI JOE he saw dollar signs go poof :lol:

Sorry it wasn't real, I had my fingers crossed for you. Now you can tell people you found a Meteoric Zirconium.I hope the next one is real.HH!

CreepyCrawler called it....

Dear Craig, I cut a tiny piece off of the rock with a hack saw and did not see a change in the structure. So, I took the priviledgr to hammer off a small(1cm cube piece) on one end. There was still not any change in structure so I am very confident, now having seen the inside that it is , in fact, a piece of slag! I'm so sure of this that I see no need to show it to my dealer.So now, at some time, I will need to return it to you. What time would be good? Make some suggestions and I can get back to you! I still had a great time in the persuit of finding out!!! I have passed on your website to other members of our club so they can take a look! Al

When I get back I'll hit it with a sledge hammer to see of there is a crackerjack surprise inside

I'm actually sorry to see I was right. I was hoping for a big payoff for you.

Well...we just had that big Perseid meteor shower and there's another one
Oct 8. The rocks could be out there somewhere.

I'm actually sorry to see I was right. I was hoping for a big payoff for you.

Well...we just had that big Perseid meteor shower and there's another one
Oct 8. The rocks could be out there somewhere.

I rather find the gold anyway :D

When I get it back next week... I'll smack it with a sledgehammer to see if I have a cookie coin inside :lol:

Back
Top Bottom