Best finds so far this summer

Jlemay3

Been meaning to post these finds as I found them individually but my phone is way overdue for an update and couldnt download an app to upload the pictures, finally remembered to do it on my computer.
GW Button "linked states" stamp thru back variety, 3-5 known examples
R2pHNXo.jpg

1877 IHP
99JvBo3.jpg

Two 1808-1821 US Artillery buttons (dug at the same site)
R6JdpKt.jpg

1892 Worlds Columbian Fair Silver Thimble
ndPwVZ3.jpg

Complete functional kneebuckle
159P3wy.jpg

Massachusetts State Seal button
aklsrey.jpg

1840 William Henry Harrison Cabin Political token
G4h6oFh.jpg

FItYtv8.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Wow killer finds. How much does that GW button go for?

Hard to say exactly, the GW button website lists this variety R6 rarity meaning there are 3-5 known examples. I haven't had it appraised and haven't found a record of any of this variety sold to go off of. They made others of this variety with a smooth back which is much more common, this one the markings show thru on the back which is what differentiates the two. Long story short I've been told anywhere from 1500-5k. Items sold on eBay aren't a great source for pricing but some of the more common varieties have sold for 1500-2k on there so I'd put this one at the higher end of the range I mentioned. It is a dug example so it won't fetch nearly as much as a non dug but I t's not even fully cleaned in the picture, I only did a very light cleaning when I got home and haven't touched it any further, I'm too afraid to damage it haha. But I'm not going to sell it, I'm looking into local historical societies to see if any are interested in displaying it.

Back
Top Bottom