Old Heavily Hunted Park Gives up 5 More Wheats

DirtyRob

Forum Supporter
I ran over to the local historic park. Dates back to the early 1900's. I've yet to find silver here but one of my hunting buddies has hit some silver here. I decided to try my best listening for high and deep tones. Well, this park is horrible with pull tabs. Every swing you will hit MANY of them. It was hard to get any other type of signal. You had to go really slow.

I was able to nail 5 wheats. 2 inches down to 8 inches. The best one was a 1919S. Next was a 1920. The other 3 were from the 40's.

I did dig a deep low tone that sounded different. 12/29 on the VDI. Down about 7 inches was this "lion's head" pin/broach. I saw gold in the hole. But it's not!:mad: It sure is heavy for it's size. I can't see someone wearing it.

The bright spot at this park is that it has the softest ground to dig I have ever seen!

Also found a neat looking but fake ear ring.

Went back to the park today. Not much to add except 3 more wheats. Yesterday got a 1919S and 1920. Today I hit a 1918D and 1916D. The other was a 1942D.

Now where is the silver hiding????

Nice job! The ground here is so hard it's like digging in concrete! If I tried to dig a 7" hole it would take me 15 mins

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

Back
Top Bottom