Garrett Pro-Pointer AT beeps 3 times, intermittently?

FerroZoan

I was using my Pro-Pointer today and while sifting through the dirt on a dig I kept thinking it was finding something additional, as it would quickly beep 3 times in a row sometimes when I moved the tip to another spot in the pile of dirt on the rag. Eventually I realized it had nothing to do with me, as I set it aside and it kept doing it just sitting there, near no metal.

I didn't have the book with me, but since it is still using the el-cheapo Ray-O-Vac 9V it shipped with (why do they even include such a low class battery in a device this costly? It doesn't even say "alkaline" on it. ) although I probably only have maybe 7 hours total use on it. So I looked at the manual when I came back in the house, and for a low battery it says it should make "an alternating dual tone alarm".

So, I turned it on while I was researching this here on the forum, and now I am wondering if what I am really hearing is the beginning of the Lost Pinpointer Alarm? The book says it starts after 5 minutes without a button press. Does it start with 3 quick beeps? It is supposed to escalate over a period of 60 minutes. But they don't actually describe how it starts.

I didn't think it had been on 5 minutes since laying it down to dig a bit more, but time flies when you're having fun! :)

I'm gonna put a nice Alkaline 9V in it next time out. And I guess I need to power it down more often in between checking the dig spot.

I was using my Pro-Pointer today and while sifting through the dirt on a dig I kept thinking it was finding something additional, as it would quickly beep 3 times in a row sometimes when I moved the tip to another spot in the pile of dirt on the rag. Eventually I realized it had nothing to do with me, as I set it aside and it kept doing it just sitting there, near no metal.

I didn't have the book with me, but since it is still using the el-cheapo Ray-O-Vac 9V it shipped with (why do they even include such a low class battery in a device this costly? It doesn't even say "alkaline" on it. ) although I probably only have maybe 7 hours total use on it. So I looked at the manual when I came back in the house, and for a low battery it says it should make "an alternating dual tone alarm".

So, I turned it on while I was researching this here on the forum, and now I am wondering if what I am really hearing is the beginning of the Lost Pinpointer Alarm? The book says it starts after 5 minutes without a button press. Does it start with 3 quick beeps? It is supposed to escalate over a period of 60 minutes. But they don't actually describe how it starts.

I didn't think it had been on 5 minutes since laying it down to dig a bit more, but time flies when you're having fun! :)

I'm gonna put a nice Alkaline 9V in it next time out. And I guess I need to power it down more often in between checking the dig spot.

Didn't know if you figured this out or not but it does sound like it's the beginning of the lost pointer alarm. It will do that every 15 seconds for awhile. ;)

Back
Top Bottom