Newbie Needs Help

jr74bronco

First of all Hello All just getting started for about 7 months now but I was wanted to know how deep does my Classic 5ID go in inches. or should I say max it would go? I got the eagle headphones it has a button on one side that has an A and B I know all this sound nutty but I'm still learning and I know it's not the best out there but it's all I could afford Thanks for any Help?
James

Hi James welcome to the forum, I don't have a Classic 5ID but I imagine that it will hit on coins 6 inches deep or so. I think we all (myself included) worry about depth too much, most coins & jewelry will be 6 inches or less deep. I don't think there is a "best" detector, as long as you are having fun with what you got is what is important. Steve.

Thanks All

Hello All I'm In Georgia and yes i love it and thanks for all the info

WElcome to the forum jr. I agree probably 6 inches, and that is plenty deep. Most stuff is found 3 to 4 inches, laying right under the sod.

Have you practiced in your backyard? That is the best way to get to know how your detector works.

Can't wait to hear what you find. :yes:

Welcome to the forum. I just bought a used Classic ID and have been finding coins at about 6". The oldest was an 1887 IH Penny. I don't think you have to worry about the detector being older or not capable of finding good coins. The switch on the side of most headphones, is to change from monaural to stereo.
Good luck with the new machine and let us know what you find.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom