Yum yum

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
With the holidays near, thought I would break about some the venison from my archery hunting and make some jerky.

Some good stuff here.
Wish I could share with folks here.

13zwfas.jpg

Some of the finished product.

1214txz.jpg

And no that mason jar pictured doesn't contain shine.lol

Last edited:
Neat, reminds me of a friend of mine who makes deer jerky, and also knows how to make ground deerburgers that you might think you were eating regular hamburgers if you didn't know. (in fact he fooled me that way before, told me afterwards what kind of meat it was :lol:)

Yummy indeed! I see you have one of those beehive dehydrators like I have. Very inexpensive to own. I marinate my beef/venison strips in my own recipe for a couple days, dry, then shrink wrap and freeze pounds of the stuff.

I love eating from the wild, just made a couple pounds of hickory nut bark. Made a couple different batches using milk chocolate and almond chocolate. Unbelievably delish!

Tnss I have one of those driers and love to make jerky too! I have often wondered though if the meat is completely safe to consume so I tend to go extra long with the drying. Haven’t gotten sick yet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tnss I have one of those driers and love to make jerky too! I have often wondered though if the meat is completely safe to consume so I tend to go extra long with the drying. Haven’t gotten sick yet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not, or anyone I have gave the jerky to has gotten sick.

I do encourage folks to consume more on the fast side of things.

Don't keep the jerky around for say over a months time.
This year I have went on the light side with the cure added.
Dad burn stuff makes the jerky tastes too salty.

Yummy indeed! I see you have one of those beehive dehydrators like I have. Very inexpensive to own. I marinate my beef/venison strips in my own recipe for a couple days, dry, then shrink wrap and freeze pounds of the stuff.

I love eating from the wild, just made a couple pounds of hickory nut bark. Made a couple different batches using milk chocolate and almond chocolate. Unbelievably delish!

You are making me hungry!!lol

Back
Top Bottom