Pre-order question

Pulltabby

Forum Supporter
I noticed the dealers taking pre-orders of brand X. So if they get your card numbers is it rung up on cash registers instantly or cashed when machine in stock ready for mailout? I assume they deposit it or small deposit would this be a right guess? thanks

I noticed the dealers taking pre-orders of brand X. So if they get your card numbers is it rung up on cash registers instantly or cashed when machine in stock ready for mailout? I assume they deposit it or small deposit would this be a right guess? thanks

Any dealer worth a dam wouldn't be charging customers anything for a detector they cant produce. The vast majority of dealers are simply keeping a list people who want it and when their distributor calls to say "I have 5 available for you" the dealer calls the top 5 people and says "they are ready to ship, it will be XXX dollars".

I know of at least one dealer who had customers actually place orders, along with payment info, but the cards aren't charged yet. When the dealer pushes a button on the first 5, they get charged and the detectors go into the mail.

I know of one who actually took peoples money :wow: :no: and those poor customers are just waiting month after month with no merch (and likely losing out on credit card protection coverage). This is also a company I have huge reservations about and would never order from personally.

Any dealer worth a dam wouldn't be charging customers anything for a detector they cant produce. The vast majority of dealers are simply keeping a list people who want it and when their distributor calls to say "I have 5 available for you" the dealer calls the top 5 people and says "they are ready to ship, it will be XXX dollars".

I know of at least one dealer who had customers actually place orders, along with payment info, but the cards aren't charged yet. When the dealer pushes a button on the first 5, they get charged and the detectors go into the mail.

I know of one who actually took peoples money :wow: :no: and those poor customers are just waiting month after month with no merch (and likely losing out on credit card protection coverage). This is also a company I have huge reservations about and would never order from personally.

ok thanks

Just some questions

I'm not an efficiency expert, captain of industry, or anything close to that but some things just make me wonder.
Why do stores have 13 cash registers and 3 cashiers?
There are 3 big car insurance companies that have at least 4 commercials an hour on every channel on TV. Why not cut the air time in half, lower their rates and get 3 times as many customers.
I went to the supermarket today it was packed, I parked in the back and was in and out while people were still waiting for a closer parking place. It makes me want to buy 5 cars park them in the morning then sell the spots.

I'm not an efficiency expert, captain of industry, or anything close to that but some things just make me wonder.
Why do stores have 13 cash registers and 3 cashiers?
There are 3 big car insurance companies that have at least 4 commercials an hour on every channel on TV. Why not cut the air time in half, lower their rates and get 3 times as many customers.
I went to the supermarket today it was packed, I parked in the back and was in and out while people were still waiting for a closer parking place. It makes me want to buy 5 cars park them in the morning then sell the spots.

When a car/truck dealership advertises "$10,000 off", does that mean when that vehicle is not on "sale" they are making over $10,000 profit off that one vehicle ?

.......why do people drive on a "parkway" and park on a "driveway" :lol:

When a car/truck dealership advertises "$10,000 off", does that mean when that vehicle is not on "sale" they are making over $10,000 profit off that one vehicle ?

.......why do people drive on a "parkway" and park on a "driveway" :lol:

That is a pet peeve of mine, I recently asked if car dealer could give me a better cash price, he said no discount they do not do discounts..then a few months later they advertise discounts....can't win,

We know they also get 2k or so from car company off the invoice price so when they say they make 200 laff all the way to the bank. Plus many other kick backs. my 2 cents

Man just buying a car not a house.

ps own 2 cars pay double insurance, why? has a single car user drive more then one car at a time...rip off

Back
Top Bottom