Excalibur 1000 Repairs

jcham

Elite Member
Does anyone own an EX that has gone in for repairs and if so how long does it usually take to get them back. It's going on three week now WTF!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Jamie

Thanks Tony,

You seemed pretty busy and got an offer from a CSMGR that flew to Kneen NH for the Bone she offered to fly it in herself but I feel a little stupid now that I didnt recieve any type of recipt except the email conversations and you know me patience is not something my medication will give:tumble:

As far as what was wrong with it? LOL the first two weeks I owned it were great not one issue then I started to get interference issues when the detector got wet.

So I invented the chest harness thus keeping it out of the water and useable. The coil cover had to be taped on as it would not fit and the plastic on the coil came apart from the coil apoxy. The coil cable developed holes in it as if something started biting on it and lastly the volume went but I think that is due to the headset.

The wiring came loose and some of the tones were not normal. Like I would hear a penny tone and pull a gold ring, wierd. Then the volume went compleatly. I'm mostly concerned with the fact that I cant get it wet, something is definitly wrong. I'm sure rewireing the headset isnt a big issue.

It all fairness the finds I made with the detector paid for it self first 4 months. I do like the detecter very much and the Exclaiber 2 is where I am heading from here. However with the problems and considering I treated the machine like a baby I might go with the whites. Yesterdays silver haul with the DFX combined with hard core workmanship and great CS I dont know if Whites can be beat.

Does anyone own an EX that has gone in for repairs and if so how long does it usually take to get them back. It's going on three week now WTF!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Jamie

Minelab was recently purchased by another company and from what I understand they are downsizing employee's so who knows how long your repair can take.. they were talking about this on another board.

Thanks Tony,

You seemed pretty busy and got an offer from a CSMGR that flew to Kneen NH for the Bone she offered to fly it in herself but I feel a little stupid now that I didnt recieve any type of recipt except the email conversations and you know me patience is not something my medication will give:tumble:

As far as what was wrong with it? LOL the first two weeks I owned it were great not one issue then I started to get interference issues when the detector got wet.

So I invented the chest harness thus keeping it out of the water and useable. The coil cover had to be taped on as it would not fit and the plastic on the coil came apart from the coil apoxy. The coil cable developed holes in it as if something started biting on it and lastly the volume went but I think that is due to the headset.

The wiring came loose and some of the tones were not normal. Like I would hear a penny tone and pull a gold ring, wierd. Then the volume went compleatly. I'm mostly concerned with the fact that I cant get it wet, something is definitly wrong. I'm sure rewireing the headset isnt a big issue.

It all fairness the finds I made with the detector paid for it self first 4 months. I do like the detecter very much and the Exclaiber 2 is where I am heading from here. However with the problems and considering I treated the machine like a baby I might go with the whites. Yesterdays silver haul with the DFX combined with hard core workmanship and great CS I dont know if Whites can be beat.

Other than that; how did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?:biggrin:

I just got back my minelab Elite about 2 weeks ago.it was in for repair for 7 1/2 weeks.They ended up giving me a brand new unit an they had to have it ship in from Australia an Ireland.This was the 7th time in for repairs. Most others times took about 4 weeks average for me.

Well how does this one grab you? I drove up to Keen NH as I said for the Bone display of detectors and exhibits also to drop off my Excalibur 1000 with a Minelab Employee so it could get repaired. For all interested get a ticket number, something?

I called an hour ago and the woman no longer works for the Company. Do you know what it feels like to think you just lost $1100, well I do:mad:.

The people at minelab had no record of me and the man searched for about 5 min for my name in the computer. He said now don’t panic you must be here somewhere.

Of course I had no conformation that I handed over the Excalibur. Thank you God he found my name gave me the ticket number and UPS tracking number the detector is due to arrive tomorrow. Thank you GOD!!!!!!!!!!

He told me who worked on the detector and said I wouldn’t have any more problems that the tech is excellent. Close call!!!!!!!!!

Tony if your out there everything is going through you from this point forward and warm up one of those EX 2’s I’m going diving!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom