Four inch coil?

johnsmosby

My Bounty Hunter has an 8 and a half inch coil. I see in the manual you can get a 4 inch coil. What advantage would the smaller coil be? Better pin pointing maybe?

It would have a smaller footprint allowing you to hunt in trashy areas. The larger coil will have more than one target under the coil at one time. This will cause the meter to give false readings. Also a larger coil will be affected more by fringe targets which lead to masking of good targets. Smaller coils can usually get closer to playground equipment when hunting tot lots. Rob

I had a 4" coil for my Fisher F4 (matter of a fact is was the Bounty Hunter 4" Gold Nugget Coil) and I hardly ever took it off. I didn't loose much if any depth and I got into tight places that produced alot of goodies. Makes pinpointing a walk in the park (parden the phrase). And the Bounty Hunter 4" coil can be bought new for under $40.00 Give it a try you'll like it I'm sure. Steve.

Less than $40.

You were right, it was $37.25 with shipping. I should have it in about a week. Maybe it'll improve my poor pin pointing.

Back
Top Bottom