Paid online mapping services

Jason-NEK

Today I seen a few cyber Monday deals on paid online mapping services. Just wondering who all uses them, and if so what works best for you?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

I'm wondering what paid gets a consumer (not a company) that isn't available for free to a savvy surfer.....

I'm wondering what paid gets a consumer (not a company) that isn't available for free to a savvy surfer.....
This app shows your coordinates and can record them, and it provides you with the current property owner of the plot that your studdying.

This app shows your coordinates and can record them, and it provides you with the current property owner of the plot that your studdying.

That information is available from most Counties free. Check their website's GIS mapping.

Here in Kansas they sell those maps at the courthouse for about a twenty spot. That's per county, so that's why I mentioned that statistic that this app offers.
I was just curious if any of you use some of these map apps or not for your metal detecting research needs?

I'm usually a big proponent of never paying for something that I know I can get for free, but I make an exception and pay an annual subscription for unlimited use of the OnX Hunt app to determine property information in the field. As Franz and KinTN pointed out, often that information is available on the county auditor's website for free, but I prefer OnX Hunt for several reasons. First, I travel a lot, and I like the convenience of having all of the information easily accessible in one location no matter what state or county I'm in. Also, I've found that the GIS maps on the auditor websites for my county, and several surrounding counties, are extremely frustrating or impossible to navigate on mobile devices, so they can't really be used in the field. Plus, I've encountered many counties that don't have GIS information available on-line to the general public. These and a myriad of other reasons make the premium for the app worth it for me.

I'm usually a big proponent of never paying for something that I know I can get for free, but I make an exception and pay an annual subscription for unlimited use of the OnX Hunt app to determine property information in the field. As Franz and KinTN pointed out, often that information is available on the county auditor's website for free, but I prefer OnX Hunt for several reasons. First, I travel a lot, and I like the convenience of having all of the information easily accessible in one location no matter what state or county I'm in. Also, I've found that the GIS maps on the auditor websites for my county, and several surrounding counties, are extremely frustrating or impossible to navigate on mobile devices, so they can't really be used in the field. Plus, I've encountered many counties that don't have GIS information available on-line to the general public. These and a myriad of other reasons make the premium for the app worth it for me.
Thank you for replying. I couldn't agree more with you about the usefulness especially in the field whether you were hunting, trail walking/riding, or like this case where it would be used to ease the process of gaining permission to metal detect. And the price definitely isn't incredibly high.

Its all about what works best for each individual in terms of cost v benefits. Theres no one answer that fits everyone.
I just asked in case I was missing something.

I use this free website to find the current owner of any property in my town. It also tells me how old the house is on that property.

http://www.mainstreetmaps.com/ri/scituate/public.asp
This is a research tool that we just don't have available for us to use. However, if your a farmer, and own farmland, the State farm bureau will give to you a free property map if requested by the land owner.

Back
Top Bottom