To All my Crummy Little Forum Friends

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
So...the Wife ran some errands yesterday, and to my dismay, comes on home afterwards...After parking her broom, she waddles into the house and says, "Hey, how many silver coins have you found with your New expensive magic NOX?" I proudly said, "Two Dimes so far!" She snorts disdainfully and says, "Hold out your hand and close your eyes"...

Then she dropped into my hand this load of coins she snatched out of the reject tray at the Coinstar!...Including the two silver Rosies! Then, while my eyes were still closed, she slapped me silly!

I didnt think she has been paying attention when I regale her with tales from the Forum about the riches that can be found in the Coinstar Reject tray! evidently she was, 'cause she said she has been looking lately and Bingo! She saw the loaded tray and swooped in unashamedly...Just to make a point....

In order for me to keep the dimes, I had to take a picture and do a post titled: 'To All my Crummy Little Forum Friends'! So I did, No hard feelings?... After all, silver is silver!...So I got the silver, and no doubt she will get a cackle out of this...:laughing:

Attachments

• pams coinstar.jpg
    pams coinstar.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,019
  • pams coinstar-1.jpg
    pams coinstar-1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 993
Congrats on the double coinstar silver, Mrs. Mud-puppy! :woot:

In order for me to keep the dimes, I had to take a picture and do a post titled: 'To All my Crummy Little Forum Friends'! So I did, No hard feelings?... After all, silver is silver!...So I got the silver, and no doubt she will get a cackle out of this...:laughing:

Love it! :laughing:

So...the Wife ran some errands yesterday, and to my dismay, comes on home afterwards...After parking her broom, she waddles into the house and says, "Hey, how many silver coins have you found with your New expensive magic NOX?" I proudly said, "Two Dimes so far!" She snorts disdainfully and says, "Hold out your hand and close your eyes"...

Then she dropped into my hand this load of coins she snatched out of the reject tray at the Coinstar!...Including the two silver Rosies! Then, while my eyes were still closed, she slapped me silly!

I didnt think she has been paying attention when I regale her with tales from the Forum about the riches that can be found in the Coinstar Reject tray! evidently she was, 'cause she said she has been looking lately and Bingo! She saw the loaded tray and swooped in unashamedly...Just to make a point....

Contrats to the wife!!!! I swoop in without embarrassment also. I just scoop out all the coins, go thru them on the small area to the right of the input tray. pick out the goodies, silver, wheats, foreign and just leave the clad for someone else to snag. Does not make me look so needy and greedy. I am still waiting for a true gold coin in coinstar.

Hmmm, makes me wonder if she’d bring home a freshly hit deer just to top your recent turkey find. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Congrats with the eyeball finds ma’am! Great job!

Last edited:
Lol! I want a sworn statement signed dated and notarized to the effect that story I read is true and correct. Frankly, I smell a story brewing bordering on the haystack kind or whopping fish story.... So i do not believe you at all...

Lol! I want a sworn statement signed dated and notarized to the effect that story I read is true and correct. Frankly, I smell a story brewing bordering on the haystack kind or whopping fish story.... So i do not believe you at all...

Right? Me too! You would think, after 40 yrs of weeded bliss? I'd smarten up at some point? And yet I still fall for that old "Hold out your hand and close your eyes" slapstick gimmick! Like the old "Pull my finger!" routine? Expecting an alternate and positive outcome eventually? I'm a hopeless dreamer and romantic I guess...Like an innocent little Tesoro Compadre, living in a Minelab World! :laughing:

Very nice silver saves made by your loving wife .
The new heavy hitter treasure slayer EQ 800 takes a well placed hit from the reining champion .
Both obviously competitive when it comes to getting your attention.

If that fancy rig doesn't figure out the pecking order in your household very soon the 800 may find out what it's like to have its charger plugged into a 220 dryer outlet 😳.
I think joining the church of compadre may be just what you need right now Mud.
This is definitely one of the problems when joining the dark side.
Good luck brother 👍
, Dew

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

...….did you mean to say "she slapped me even sillier than I already am!" :laughing:

Your wife deserves the Coinstar Silver Award !!!!! (and next time we want a photo of her slapping you sillier :lol:)
Coinstar_trophy_MrsMudPuppy.jpg

Right? Me too! You would think, after 40 yrs of weeded bliss? I'd smarten up at some point? And yet I still fall for that old "Hold out your hand and close your eyes" slapstick gimmick! Like the old "Pull my finger!" routine? Expecting an alternate and positive outcome eventually? I'm a hopeless dreamer and romantic I guess...Like an innocent little Tesoro Compadre, living in a Minelab World! :laughing:

:shock: Is your wife telling you a macabre story round about way? Hows your heallth etc. LOL! happy halloween!:lol:

Wow Mud, I don't think my wife has ever read this forum, but if I posted "After parking her broom, she waddles into the house", with my luck, that would be the first time she would ever read it and probably the last time I'd ever get to post. Once the swelling in my eyes went down enough for me to type.

You are leading a charmed life.

Now we know who the real treasure hunter is.:laughing: After all isn’t treasure hunting all about finding the OLD things well she found you:laughing::laughing:

Hmmmm. Sounds like a :pirate: in training to me! Won't be long, she'll get bitten by the bug, and you can look forward to :viking: manners whenever you mention a hunt. Then, she'll take over your computer for research, and then she'll enroll in a creative writing course, and surpass your "skills" at storytelling.

Good luck.....Roger

Great story! Thanks for sharing... But we all know you still wear the pants in the family... She'll only tell you what colour they will be that day... ;)

Cheers

Congrats.......to your wife!

Next to ball parks, coinstars are my friends!

Back
Top Bottom