Fall update - Early Coins & Buttons!

Iron_Patch

I haven't posted much lately, so it's a great opportunity to do a Fall catch up post.

My friend and I have been back in the fields for about 7 weeks now, hunting 2-3 times a week... two times in the beginning but it has been going so incredibly well we upped it to three! :) For all the years we have dug together I've never seen it this good where literally every hunt one of us made a very good find, sometimes both of us, and we both would go home with a nice pile of old items. Below is just my finds, his are every bit as good, and in some cases better. The reason I've decide to post today is last time out we finally had a hunt that didn't go so well... I had an average day with nothing great, but given how good it has been an average day this Fall feels like a strikeout. So this weekend I'm doing a little regrouping, going over what ideas I have left, and researching a few more sites to hope to finish the year strong... however long we have left.

Silver coins: Silver 3 cent, a neat King William (1800s) Sixpence that was cut down, and an 1825 British Shilling.

Coppers: King George coppers, a 1790s Conder, Hardtimes token, and my fav., my first Fugio!

Military buttons: 4 Early Artillery, a Navy, 2 Early Scottish.

Rev War buttons: An RP, two 3rd American, two King's American Regiment, two 42nd of foot (Black Watch) and what I consider my find of the year so far... a 23rd Regiment of Foot officer button. It was found at one of the first early sites I had ever hunted where I don't find much anymore, so what a surprise to see it come up.

I consider my Fall, which is basically my year, already made, but I hope I can post a few more things before the ground freezes.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 273
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 273
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 276
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 255
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 7a.jpg
    7a.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 248
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 251
Great hunting there IP! You found a US 3 center across the pond? Wow that must be pretty rare, shoot I haven't even found one on this side :laughing: congrats!

Heck of a round up, you really bring your A game when you go, well done! I have never seen so many jews harps either, that's unusual!

Holy m-m-m-m-MOLY man! That stuff is CRAZY! Where are you again? UK?
That’s just unreal,and the amount of finds is unreal! “Congrats” doesn’t quite do that justice...

Holy m-m-m-m-MOLY man! That stuff is CRAZY! Where are you again? UK?
That’s just unreal,and the amount of finds is unreal! “Congrats” doesn’t quite do that justice...

I'm in North America... East coast.

Do we need to remind you that metal detecting in museums is frowned upon?
:laughing:

Outstanding bunch of finds there! Keep up the great work!

Back
Top Bottom