New Hunter spot burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a hunter on our beaches who has just discovered a productive area. For those in the know it's been good area to hunt. And, for this guy, he's new to this particular beach. Hat's off to him on figuring some stuff out. Here's the problem: The guy is posting the exact location on this forum, including pictures.

Of course it against accepted metal detecting etiquette to knowingly disclose someone's else's hunting site and just plain stupid to disclose your own. This beach is the home beach for a small group of hunters. Who, if this continues, will be sharing the beach with a lot more people.

Of course this guy is free to hunt anywhere he'd like, but burning us? What do we do about that?

Well at least I know it is not me, as I don't pictures. HA HA, I would pull the person aside and tell them not to post the "location" because he is ruining for the group and especially himself (because he seems to be a little selfcentered)

I think my pics speak for themselves (lots of trash!) and I don't disclose the location, so I know it's not me either!

There is a hunter on our beaches who has just discovered a productive area. For those in the know it's been good area to hunt. And, for this guy, he's new to this particular beach. Hat's off to him on figuring some stuff out. Here's the problem: The guy is posting the exact location on this forum, including pictures.

Of course it against accepted metal detecting etiquette to knowingly disclose someone's else's hunting site and just plain stupid to disclose your own. This beach is the home beach for a small group of hunters. Who, if this continues, will be sharing the beach with a lot more people.

Of course this guy is free to hunt anywhere he'd like, but burning us? What do we do about that?

Nothing... we don't own these spots... ... :roll:

Last edited:
Hey guys, if you're not posting pix and descriptions of locations, relax, it's not you. The beach location is in the northeast.

Most of us here understand the rules, written and unwritten, and this guy has been warned on another forum about outing the locations of others. We don't care that he hunts only that he posts the locations.

step on his coil..lol..just talk to him nicly.explain to him .that the goods wont be their anymore for him, if he keeps it up.tell him he,s burning himself.

if that dont work.punch him in the face.just kiding.i made this misstake once.and a crybaby said somthing about it to me.he was just mad becouse he had compitition.if your good at detecting.it shouldnt matter.its just that crybaby stuff.this hobbie is full of unsqrupulous people.

if one person knows about it. you can bank that 100 know.

I'll let you know what we decide!

I am going to speak to our Consigliare, when the Three-Families meet next week to consider.. your problem. Should we decide to come to your aid in this matter, there may come a time when we may ask for your help.

Can we count on you? :cool:

Come on guys are you for real? It's a public beach open to all and there is enough for everyone. And yes if someone asks me where I find my stuff I tell them. Most won't do the work to find the goodS!

So you'd be Ok with it if he was burining your spots?

What are we supposed to do? We don't own these spots and if they wish to share where they are hunting sooner or later there will be nothing but mumbles all around... we see that now from beaches further south... my camera stays at home when I hunt...

There is a hunter here in CT that loves posting the beaches she hunts... I went to that beach and cleaned house so to speak ;)

I'm taking Terry Soloman there because he told me he was bringing the Tereso bikini girls on the hunt :laughing:

Yeah Baby!

What are we supposed to do? We don't own these spots and if they wish to share where they are hunting sooner or later there will be nothing but mumbles all around... we see that now from beaches further south... my camera stays at home when I hunt...

There is a hunter here in CT that loves posting the beaches she hunts... I went to that beach and cleaned house so to speak ;)

I'm taking Terry Soloman there because he told me he was bringing the Tereso bikini girls on the hunt :laughing:

And I'm going to tell everyone we were at Sherwood Island beach when they ask! You know, the one with the big green signs on the heavily traveled I-95 corridor? :laughing:

And I'm going to tell everyone we were at Sherwood Island beach when they ask! You know, the one with the big green signs on the heavily traveled I-95 corridor? :laughing:

I was there last week its quiet... no Terry we aren't going there keep guessing :lol:

Well, if Hooters girls all show up to hunt in thong bikinis then post away, include the gps coords!!!!!

Seriously, who posts about a beach that is working???? That is just plain stupid!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really come on now, it's not like you have some Canadian film crew putting together a reality show about detecting on your beach. Oh wait, that would be here in Florida!

I'm with you Phill, these are public beaches and we all pay taxes it's not like you have a claim on a peice of beach!

This aggressive behavior coupled with warnings and threats or worst yet vandalism or assault is just the thing that will invite more regulation from city and state on when and where we hunt. Just a thought....

Really come on now, it's not like you have some Canadian film crew putting together a reality show about detecting on your beach. Oh wait, that would be here in Florida!

I'm with you Phill, these are public beaches and we all pay taxes it's not like you have a claim on a peice of beach!

This aggressive behavior coupled with warnings and threats or worst yet vandalism or assault is just the thing that will invite more regulation from city and state on when and where we hunt. Just a thought....

StumpPass, you are Ok with the TV show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom