How about a free web site listing metal detecting sites in different cities in the US

.... Over two weeks time I dug close to 20 silvers, a half-dozen IH’s and close to 50 wheats at that place. I can give a dozen examples of spots like this....

AMC-rulz, I have to chuckle when I read push-backs like this. If ever the phrase "no good" or "hunted out" is used, someone will (like you did here) give the example of a place that was said to have been "hunted out" or "no good", and then list the things they found there.

And this, I suppose, is supposed to bolster the assertion that : "Therefore: No spot is ever hunted out". Right ?

But on the contrary: Rather than meaning "No spot is ever hunted out", that merely means that : "THAT spot(s) was not hunted out". It merely means the person saying that, about that certain(s) spots, was incorrect about that/those particular places. Not that "No spot is ever hunted out".

I can give you locations where it would truly be a needle in a haystack to find a single more coin (much less even a single more conductive target).

The old addage of "no place is ever hunted out" might be true of some junky parks (where there's a never-ending curve of masking, depth, etc....). But some other places had the possibility of truly being stripmined.

I can give you locations where it would truly be a needle in a haystack to find a single more coin (much less even a single more conductive target).

Yup, I've got spots that used to give me silver coins or colonial relics, but now they're totally dead. I keep going back once or twice a year, but always come up empty now. It IS possible to find every coin and relic if the area is small enough and you're stubborn as a mule (which I am).

Yup, I've got spots that used to give me silver coins or colonial relics, but now they're totally dead. I keep going back once or twice a year, but always come up empty now. It IS possible to find every coin and relic if the area is small enough and you're stubborn as a mule (which I am).

Thanx for the concurrence Free-bird-Tom.

There was one country picnic site we found , that dated from the 1880s to the 1920s. That served a little town of only 400 to 500 folks. And only for Mayday, easter, mothers days, etc... Ie.: not heavily used, and not for a very large town size. Nonetheless , it was virgin ! And the utmost newest coins we ever found, were 1925-ish. (hence an occasional nuisance teens wheatie or 20's merc. But the majority = barbers, some seateds, V's, a $5 gold, etc...)

And since there'd never been a structure there, there was ZERO iron. And since it ceased usage by '25-ish, there was ZERO aluminum. About the ONLY junk we had to contend with, was some bullet shells.

At first, we'd pull 4 to 6 period coins, for each of us, on each hunt. Then it dropped to 2 or 3. Then it dropped to 1. Then it got to where we'd go an entire hunt without bagging additionals. By the time it was over, we counted 150-ish coins between us. And gauranteed: You could swing the coil for an hour, and be lucky to get one peep after that. Doh!

So to clarify, maybe the words are not "worked out", but rather: "Simply not worth it" for the next guy.

Unlike most Outdoor Pursuit Oriented activities...By its very nature, This is not a "Target Replenish Sport"....Even good Clad sites are being carefully guarded... Anything involving Money or Treasure...like Ginseng patches, mushroom woods, whatever..not going to have any real hunters submitting their hotspots to the general populace in an App to be ransacked by strangers at will.....

I can not imagine anyone would post that info.
It might have seemed like a good idea, but not everything should be made in to an app...

Unlike most Outdoor Pursuit Oriented activities...By its very nature, This is not a "Target Replenish Sport"....Even good Clad sites are being carefully guarded... Anything involving Money or Treasure...like Ginseng patches, mushroom woods, whatever..not going to have any real hunters submitting their hotspots to the general populace in an App to be ransacked by strangers at will.....

one good exception to your rule are popular ocean beaches. They are replenished every day with newly dropped jewelry. Although some are reporting they are finding an increasing number of stainless steel and tungsten rings.

It may not be so much a "mine" as it is the thought that he maybe spent weeks researching, looking for something that was rumored to be there and felt deserving of the rewards he found for his efforts. Maybe I am reading you wrong here but are you saying folks who spend hours, days or even months diligently looking at maps, topography, old newspaper articles, spend hors swinging in areas to find "that spot" they suspected may be there should just broadcast it for the asking?

it was the point if your going to put yoursellf out there on youtube and specify your tube channel and education and such. furhtermore you state in your youtube any question just ask. anyway, I dont see the them on the channel thyre there but someway youtube doesnt recommend them to me when I search for youtube videos. I hoenstly think you got an honest idea and maybe there is a grain of truth about what you stated but in this instance i thought of the youtube channel and how the man went about actually responding back to me in a manner that wasnt what I thought I'd get. i actually read the reviews comments of youtubers mos times then sometimes I just stop the video and go to the next. I was terribly disappointed I live in california and to think Id travel to somewhere in middle america just to swing a metal detector. nah, that aint happening. unless I am going for some other reason. to see old faithful etc. travel to montana for some reason.:lol: i dont want to correct my typi8ng but you get the idea.

While I think it's an excellent idea, I have to agree with many of the others here...

You'd have a lot of "takers"...and very few "givers"

Plus, you couldn't know that the people who used the information would have the courtesy to dig properly and leave little to no trace that they were there.

I wish it wasn't that way, but it is unfortunately.

Count me out . My inner pirate in me says no way.

Also creating a list for some goody goody historian to use to petition a ban on our hobbie is not a good idea.
The information would be used by the. Forces of evil and not for good .
Just my opinion.
Let's face the facts . Common fold do not understand us. The hey don't like our vehicle sitting alone in a parking lot or in front of there home .
They do not like the fact that there dog sits in the window and barks or the neighbor dog barks for an hour strait.
To them we are a like a homeless man hanging around or possible child predators. Grave robbers , drifters weirdos .
Sory but they do not get us at all and that's the truth.
Putting a location on a list is a list for disaster .
,Dew

Back
Top Bottom