Equinox 3.5 mm plug wiring?

ZR2guy

Elite Member
I am wanting to use other brand headphones with my EQ600. I am not concerned with waterproof capability currently. The stock wired headphones have a 90 degree, 3.5mm (TRS) stereo jack that connects to the control panel. I have a set of stereo headphones that also have the same jack but when I plug them in, the control panel speaker still comes on and nothing is heard in the headphone speakers.
My question is; has Minelab wired a 3.5mm stereo jack for the stock headphones in mono? Does anyone have any insight about this?

Last edited:
I had the same problem with a 1/8 cord that I use to plug my phone into my radio to play music through. Works fine in that respect. I have the Deteknix W6 pro headphones that uses the same cord, but when plugging it in to the 600...NO GO. I purchased the Minelab headphone adapter jack and now I can hook up the Deteknix W6 pro wireless headphones with no problem. Love going wireless!

I am wanting to use other brand headphones with my EQ600. I am not concerned with waterproof capability currently. The stock wired headphones have a 90 degree, 3.5mm (TRS) stereo jack that connects to the control panel. I have a set of stereo headphones that also have the same jack but when I plug them in, the control panel speaker still comes on and nothing is heard in the headphone speakers.
My question is; has Minelab wired a 3.5mm stereo jack for the stock headphones in mono? Does anyone have any insight about this?

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2436906

Read that already but thank you. The confusing part about the Minelab adapter is that the 3.5mm plug is stereo (2 ring) but they must have it wired internally as mono:?: The 1/4” female connector is stereo. I have a threaded connector very similar to the Minelab design ( A big thank you to Steve77:thumbsup:)that I will be using to make my own adapter with, over the winter. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom