• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nice Beach cut = First Necklace with the CZ21 :)

Caribbeanson

Forum Supporter
Was able to borrow my brother's CZ-21 a bit lately and had a good time with some erosion. The big necklace is Italy 750 so 18K and the smaller hand chain is 14K. Nice being able to use discrimination [Dont worry Scuba I'm only on DISC 1, sometimes zero if targets are few :) ] and avoid a lot of the nails/wire/garbage that I get with the Dualfield, makes for much more efficient hunts when time is short too.

Both targets were a bit balled up so they made for decent signals with the CZ. 18K chain only has small split on one clasp so its pretty much ready to go :)

Sorry big bro lost the scale so no weight right now :)

Attachments

• 20171107_161218 (4)2.jpg
    20171107_161218 (4)2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 679
:dingding: Nice to see that CZ hitting gold chains!

Well truthfully I am skeptical of any chain marked Italy. ALL I have found are fakes. I find a lot of chains eyeballing them while diving and a few with pendants because of the pendant.

That chain is very suspect if the CZ was able to hit on it. I would have it checked before I did the happy dance.

Congrats on getting out.

Very nice!!!

Score!!! Nice find! Cz is a hot machine!
Thanks, she does pretty good, this one isn't super sensitive but it gets the job done. Don't remember if the small chain was in a hole with something else or not, but the bigger one was balled up by itself.

Congrats, those are nice chains! :)

:dingding: Nice to see that CZ hitting gold chains!

Thanks, had a lot of erosion so it was relatively shallow, not sure it would pick it up from deep by itself.

Well truthfully I am skeptical of any chain marked Italy. ALL I have found are fakes. I find a lot of chains eyeballing them while diving and a few with pendants because of the pendant.

That chain is very suspect if the CZ was able to hit on it. I would have it checked before I did the happy dance.

Congrats on getting out.

Thanks Scuba :) Don't have a gold acid test kit but all the markings point to Balestra gold company. And most of the fake stuff here gets chewed to pieces in the salt and waves.

Finding any chain is very difficult, Great job congrats! :cool:

Thanks. Was pretty surprised but had quite a bit of erosion so wasn't too deep.

Anyone else watching Oak Island :D:lol:

Congrats on getting out.

Exactly what I was thinking..... maybe it being balled up helped!!!

Test it or take it to a jeweler....... a pirate's gotta know what he has.....

The only chains I've found with my CZ looked great........... then they stuck to my magnet on the bottom of the scoop...... oh well.... great finds to get the blood flowing!!

Fantastic score on the chains brother :waytogo:
Never had any problems with Italy 750 stamp and with 18K on a fine chain you can get a good feel for the real thing weight wise. I’ve had some heart breakers but never with the Italy 750 stamp knock on wood :lol:

The fake stuff could just come down to location.
Hope it’s the real deal :yes:

Thanks Ronin. For the most part I think the harsh salt and surf is a good gold tester but I think the boys just wanna see some more of that deep gold color ;)

Balestra company bow and arrow makers mark. Looks kinda more like an airplane but yea, if they tried that hard to fake then good on em ;)

Attachments

• 20171107_210643_resized.jpg
    20171107_210643_resized.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 569
Carribbeanson,

ALL my experience with chains has been in fresh water not salt. That is where my experience lies. I have found at least 10 chains while detecting. Only three have ever set my detector off. I have been fanning for targets and have seen chains balled up beside the target, seeing an end of a chain move while fanning, seeing a scoopers hole and seeing the end of the chain sticking out of the side where his scoop cut it. I really have had a lot of fresh water experience with gold chains. I have even played with them trying to get my machine to detect them after I have had them home.

Unfortunately even the one in the picture I am about to show never set off my machine.

I was fanning for a coin and saw the end go back and forth. I picked it up and the chain kept coming and coming out of the sand. A real treat!

Even links that size were not detectable. I am positive the one I found last month was found only because of the pendant.

I really do want to believe your chain is real. I don't want to ever want to call someones finds fake. My only concern is that I know the limits of the CZ-21 but again that is in a fresh water environment.

I believe the mods know my intentions on here. I just try to help. I know I could be like everyone else and say congrats on a great find but I feel being realistic and truthful is the only way to be.

Real or fake it is still a blast getting out and finding something like that. Every one of my gold rings with emeralds in them have all been stamped AVON inside. My happy dance gets cut real short but they are still fun finds.

I hope it is absolutely real and it brings you a nice chunk of change or happiness to show it off whichever you decide.

I really do want to believe your chain is real. I don't want to ever want to call someones finds fake. My only concern is that I know the limits of the CZ-21 but again that is in a fresh water environment.
Scub' you communicated the message nicely. I have a few "Italy" chains that don't stick to a magnet but started show their plating after I used them for a little while. Now, if I am in doubt, I simply cut one of the links....shows its true colors right away. It is something many lurkers will read and then get an epiphany that some of their scores aren't real scores.

Thanks Ronin. For the most part I think the harsh salt and surf is a good gold tester but I think the boys just wanna see some more of that deep gold color ;)

Balestra company bow and arrow makers mark. Looks kinda more like an airplane but yea, if they tried that hard to fake then good on em ;)
Love the close up! Yeah, seems you did good!

Carribbeanson,

ALL my experience with chains has been in fresh water not salt. That is where my experience lies. I have found at least 10 chains while detecting. Only three have ever set my detector off. I have been fanning for targets and have seen chains balled up beside the target, seeing an end of a chain move while fanning, seeing a scoopers hole and seeing the end of the chain sticking out of the side where his scoop cut it. I really have had a lot of fresh water experience with gold chains. I have even played with them trying to get my machine to detect them after I have had them home.

Unfortunately even the one in the picture I am about to show never set off my machine.

I was fanning for a coin and saw the end go back and forth. I picked it up and the chain kept coming and coming out of the sand. A real treat!

Even links that size were not detectable. I am positive the one I found last month was found only because of the pendant.

I believe the mods know my intentions on here. I just try to help. I know I could be like everyone else and say congrats on a great find but I feel being realistic and truthful is the only way to be.

Real or fake it is still a blast getting out and finding something like that. Every one of my gold rings with emeralds in them have all been stamped AVON inside. My happy dance gets cut real short but they are still fun finds.

I hope it is absolutely real and it brings you a nice chunk of change or happiness to show it off whichever you decide.

Hey Scuba, nice chains. Don't worry, no offense taken; and I appreciate the dose of reality and I know what you mean about the CZ sensitivity, of course you have a lot more experience with it than me. I need to get an acid test kit, just haven't come across that much questionable gold to warrant importing one yet.

I'm pretty sure the smaller herringbone chain was found in the hole with something else and yes the CZ would not pick that up by itself.

I didn't air test the bigger chain balled up, that might have had a dime nearby that I originally went for as well :roll: was pretty much digging like a gopher trying to get what I can with limited daylight ;) also the erosion periods pretty much only last one tide cycle before they are filled back in with mush :yes:

For comparison sake, this untested chain was the only gold like chain I ever found with the Dual Field. Was in the water and only just below the sand surface and was a whisper on the Dual Field.

Attachments

• 20171108_093122 (3).jpg
    20171108_093122 (3).jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 500
Congratulations on the 18k Gold! Are you hip mounting that CZ?

Thanks Mud. Yea, hip mounting, have the chest harness as well but hip mounting seems easier. Definitely have to do something to get that weight off the forearm, otherwise my elbow is trash in 40 mins. :yes:

Almost broke the plastic mount on the factory rod after jumping around and digging like crazy but it should hold a little longer, might get an Anderson's upper rod this winter.

Was going to ask did you recheck the hole after getting that chain?
Real easy to do :lol:
Most of my chains were eyeballs, had pendants, big clasps or picked up with another targets.

When I did air tests on a Plat chain, out of all my detectors the CZ21 with the small coil gave the best response but still not enough for me to dig it even with the chain balled up tight.

Got this 9g chain while digging a coin. Had 18KT Italy stamped on it. Had never seen the 18KT with Italy before and it looked suspicious.
You know too good to be true.
Took it into the shop and they said they weren’t sure so they had to send it to their head office. A week later it came back and was the real deal.

Never had a test kit or taken a file to gold, just easier for me to get the suspect stuff tested for free at the shop.

Nice chain Ronin, and yea I was in some spots for a while cleaning up, then starting trying to cherry pick as the sun went down.

:okpeople: The verdict is in, CZ didn't make a peep while testing today, :blush2: balled up tight, loose, no matter. Guess there was a coin in the hole after all, maybe I pulled it out before the chain, all I remember is sandy gold :) :yes:

Whether or not I found the chain with the CZ or while "holding" the CZ, either way its here :wine:

Back
Top Bottom