New Hunter spot burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello?

... mentioning and showing a landmark that's on the national register of historic places, well that's spot burning, don't you think?

SOS, I hate to point this out, because it is also debatable but, you have done MORE to burn your beach than the guy making the posts. If you had just kept quiet and gone about your business, most people - even on this forum would never-ever-ever know where that beach was. Now I know - so EVERYBODY knows.:laughing: Wow dude, maybe next time you'll aim before you shoot. :cool:

We deleted this thread lastnight because it got personal... We decided its a good topic as long as the drama we deleted stays out of it we can continue... its a good topic like the TV show topics...

Last edited:
There is a guy that posts youtube videos of all the beaches that I hunt... with the beach names in the video name... Can't say that I like it, but what can you do, he is a newbie to detecting, doesn't know any better... but when the video is called "Gold found at ______ beach"... well, that's just asking for 100 people to hit that beach until there is no gold left.

There is a guy that posts youtube videos of all the beaches that I hunt... with the beach names in the video name... Can't say that I like it, but what can you do, he is a newbie to detecting, doesn't know any better... but when the video is called "Gold found at ______ beach"... well, that's just asking for 100 people to hit that beach until there is no gold left.

100 people..there are thousands of people out there who don't post on these forums...

I remember when I first started beach hunting I was so happy that I found 4 rings and about seventeen dollars worth of change and I showed the beach I was hunting... the next day I went it looked like the surface of the moon with hundreds of holes everywhere... :laughing: its funny but its not ;)

These days I leave the camera home and take pictures of my finds here..

well, that's just asking for 100 people to hit that beach until there is no gold left.
Than again, who's the stupid? 100 people which are going to hunt beach of which is just shown the gold is gone already!?:laughing:
Let them hunt that empty spot, hunt your next own virgin beach.

SOS, I hate to point this out, because it is also debatable but, you have done MORE to burn your beach than the guy making the posts. If you had just kept quiet and gone about your business, most people - even on this forum would never-ever-ever know where that beach was. Now I know - so EVERYBODY knows.:laughing: Wow dude, maybe next time you'll aim before you shoot. :cool:

That was my point above......Sultan of Sand with this thread and his remarks has managed to draw everyone's attention to the Lucy spot. Then on that Facebook page they're also talking about and naming the spot.

Seems to me it's up to the individual if he wants to divulge a location. If I hunt somewhere that's open to the public and decide to make it known, that's my business, if someone wants to complain about it, too bad they can go !!!! in their hat. Might not be too smart a thing to do but you're not going to stop me and you sure as !!!! aren't going to get in my face.

Might not be too smart a thing to do but you're not going to stop me and you sure as !!!! aren't going to get in my face.[/QUOTE]

My favorite part of this entire thread! :lol:
I think Whitney Houston said this too.

Speaking one's mind and not being bullied is a bit different than sucking down pills.

Your taking what I said too literal. It doesn't matter to me what you post, I don't live there but the first time you get up early Sunday morning,drive to your favorite beach that you shared with everyone,walk out only to see 5 or 6 people are already detecting the beach you will understand. I used to think it wasn't a big deal to tell people where you hunt until I opened my mouth once!!! YES one time to one person and it happened to me. Within days the beach was devoid of targets and I had to stop searching there. I was finding gold almost every day before that day. As I am typing this there are 925 "visitors" searching through this forum. Say hi to some of them the next time you go detecting.

I will give away all my spots ,.....after Ive moved away from the area and sure I wont be back there again. :lol:

Anybody want some good locations around Fernandina Bch. Fla just let me know ;)

Your taking what I said too literal. It doesn't matter to me what you post, I don't live there but the first time you get up early Sunday morning,drive to your favorite beach that you shared with everyone,walk out only to see 5 or 6 people are already detecting the beach you will understand. I used to think it wasn't a big deal to tell people where you hunt until I opened my mouth once!!! YES one time to one person and it happened to me. Within days the beach was devoid of targets and I had to stop searching there. I was finding gold almost every day before that day. As I am typing this there are 925 "visitors" searching through this forum. Say hi to some of them the next time you go detecting.

I see people detecting on every beach that I visit. They're everywhere and in numbers. None of these beaches are a secret. As I mentioned I don't think that anyone paid much attention to the Lucy pic and thread as far as location to hunt until Sultan decided to complain about it and in doing so confirmed that it's a good place to hunt. Heck for all anyone knew BP was posting the pic as misinformation but not after this thread. Since his (Sultan) buddies on Facebook are talking about the same beach and what's being found there I don't understand why he's complaining about someone posting something here. In addition it's not Sultan of Sand beach, it's Margate PUBLIC beach and people are well within their rights to speak freely if they choose. We may not like it (ie: might not be too smart a thing to do) but that's life.

Besides it was Sultan who said "isn't this supposed to be the FRIENDLY metal detecting forum"??????

Did you pee on the beach? Some times when I go to new metal detecting sites/beaches I mark them to ward other hunters off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom