Bay of Dreams *The madness continues, post 92*

stewart73

Forum Supporter
Finally. Silver, gold, and platinum. And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :D Despite the thermometer reading 0 degrees celsius and the lure of my nice warm bed calling me I decided to head out into the dark night and try my luck at a new beach. It was clear, starry night and the moon lit up the bay. Shivering, I donned my drysuit, strapped on the Excal and headed into the dark waters of the Pacific.

From the very beginning this night was charmed and I knew I had made the right decision. I found one pulltab in 5 hours...one. There was the odd corroded can lid but other than that almost every target was a coin or a ring. On the first 18k I pulled my scoop out of the water and a 6-inch fish flipped out of the basket and nearly gave me a heart attack. I dropped my scoop like a little girl and almost fell backwards. After retrieving my scoop I shook it out and there it was, shining in the moonlight. From then on it was just ridiculous as I pulled ring after ring, coin after coin. The bottom was very rocky which made digging hard and if I hadn't run out of time and tide I'm sure I would have found a lot more. My body is destroyed but my mid is happy. Total hunt time was 5 hours. For anybody wondering if they should get an Excal or not, I think you should probably get one. :lol:

Here are the totals:

6150 yen in clad ($71.16)
4.47 grams of pt900 ($198.92)
4.54 grams of pt1000 ($224.49)
6.45 grams of 18k ($257.61)
approx 2 grams of 18k ($79.88)
135 grams .925 silver ($120.44)

TOTAL: $952.50 :lol:

I'll be updating my Excal thread too so sorry for the double-post! :D

P1020450_zps82afe1b4.jpg

P1020452_zps17359003.jpg

P1020433_zps01bb0734.jpg

P1020424_zps2fe96178.jpg

P1020427_zpsa083219d.jpg

P1020428_zps5214762b.jpg

P1020429_zpsd56815d5.jpg

P1020441_zps99ea5da0.jpg

P1020440_zps2a69f870.jpg

P1020439_zps9be74ccc.jpg

P1020438_zps1da87370.jpg

P1020436_zps19ec37e8.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!..Than is an amazing hunt for sure. Days like those are few and far so you have to hunt till you drop.
Congrats.

WOW!Good New Year catch!
excellent gold, platinum, and my favorite 500 yen coins : D

Someone's found themselves a real honey of a honeyhole :lol:
One night to remember for sure, that gold looks old too, gotta be a heap more there :yes:
WTG Stewart73 a sweet payback and almost in one hunt.
Now go back out there and show no mercy ;)

Someone's found themselves a real honey of a honeyhole :lol:
One night to remember for sure, that gold looks old too, gotta be a heap more there :yes:
WTG Stewart73 a sweet payback and almost in one hunt.
Now go back out there and show no mercy ;)

It was all your epic hunt posts that inspired me to get an Excal in the first place. :yes: Thank you Obi-wan! :D:D:D When you come back down to Kansai let's head out and find another Bay of Dreams! :yes:

Thats a heck of a hunt Stewart but if you think I will feel for you hunting in that warm air you have another thing coming :lol:

Thats a heck of a hunt Stewart but if you think I will feel for you hunting in that warm air you have another thing coming :lol:

Yeah... we all know your a manly man but Joe and I know your favorite colors are pink and powder blue...maybe it's time you came out:?: I mean, maybe it's time you came back out in the water:lol:you land lubber.

Stewart quit giving away the secret:laughing: Remember it is so secret excal guys don't even have a secret handshake:shock: Excellent haul! When you said zero degrees the skin on my face started burning.Guys don't realize water getting on you in that cold feels like battery acid.Do they make a dry suit cap:laughing: Keep on swingin!

Now thats insane...... I thought i had a good day getting one PT. But i still wouldnt get up and leave a warm bed at night :laughing: Hope that spots keeps giving for awhile... super super hunt.

Dew

Yeah... we all know your a manly man but Joe and I know your favorite colors are pink and powder blue...maybe it's time you came out:?: I mean, maybe it's time you came back out in the water:lol:you land lubber.

He promised he wouldn't tell :laughing: Sorry but I have bonded with my GT ;)

That's gotta be the most amazing 5hr hunt I've ever seen. Congrats and this should be a featured thread.....Curt:grin:

Back
Top Bottom