Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-16-2018, 06:58 PM
ME&MYACE400's Avatar
ME&MYACE400 ME&MYACE400 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 567
Default Future Dectectors

I can't seem to find information on future detectors, where can i read about them.
Thank you

__________________
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Camo Diggers Pouch 1 1\2 Inch Paint Brush
13.5" Digging Knife And Minelab Pinpointer Pro 35
SE GP-PK151 Compact Collapsible Magnetic Prospector’s Pick Plainsman Leather Gloves

Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 02-16-2018, 07:34 PM
dirt dick's Avatar
dirt dick dirt dick is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: ROCKFORD IOWA
Posts: 1,022
Default

The flux - capacitor isn't available to the general public,
It's being held back until around 2039,
from some Geneva convention treaty.
Manufactures might make a detector some day soon before that '039 date
that operates much like a vacuum cleaner...bagless or non filter ?
thus no more need for a shovel & digging plugs
it will just suck the target right out of the ground.
It might run on either solar power, or anti gravity propulsion system.

: NEWS SOURCE :WWW://Detectingbeyond.omg.org

__________________
2017 totals; $251.51 clad; 154 wheats, 10IH, 39 silver coins, 3525 total coins dug
18 rings (9str rings)
AT Pro, ML CTX 30/30

Reply With Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
  #3  
Old 02-19-2018, 07:32 PM
ME&MYACE400's Avatar
ME&MYACE400 ME&MYACE400 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 567
Default

Originally Posted by dirt dick View post
The flux - capacitor isn't available to the general public,
It's being held back until around 2039,
from some Geneva convention treaty.
Manufactures might make a detector some day soon before that '039 date
that operates much like a vacuum cleaner...bagless or non filter ?
thus no more need for a shovel & digging plugs
it will just suck the target right out of the ground.
It might run on either solar power, or anti gravity propulsion system.

: NEWS SOURCE :WWW://Detectingbeyond.omg.org
I hope it comes with a scale for weighing gold fines to

__________________
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Camo Diggers Pouch 1 1\2 Inch Paint Brush
13.5" Digging Knife And Minelab Pinpointer Pro 35
SE GP-PK151 Compact Collapsible Magnetic Prospector’s Pick Plainsman Leather Gloves

Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 02-22-2018, 12:59 PM
Digger-Dave's Avatar
Digger-Dave Digger-Dave is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fitchburg, MA
Posts: 3,935
Default

Originally Posted by ME&MYACE400 View post
I can't seem to find information on future detectors, where can i read about them.
Thank you
I'm always wondering if those pulse induction machines will ever get a larger market.

__________________
Garrett AT Pro - Fatty Indians - 2, 1858 Flying eagle and an 1898 Barber Quarter. First crotal bell!! One silver ring.

Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 02-24-2018, 01:53 PM
Timecop67 Timecop67 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Kansas
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by Digger-Dave View post
I'm always wondering if those pulse induction machines will ever get a larger market.
It is possible First Texas has been researching pulse detection with discrimination.....but more than likely their next machines will be multi frequency. I don't care for the Equinox and the VCO style of pinpointing, screen layout and VDI ranges, plus they don't throw in needed accessories so will pass on that one. First Texas also has better ergonomics in field use, better customer support, battery life & options. So will be waiting on the new Teknetics T3. If I were buying now I might consider at this time the Rutus Alter 71 or Makro Multi Frequency Kruzer.
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 02-24-2018, 07:06 PM
ohiochris's Avatar
ohiochris ohiochris is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Findlay , Ohio
Posts: 6,032
Default

Originally Posted by Timecop67 View post
It is possible First Texas has been researching pulse detection with discrimination.....but more than likely their next machines will be multi frequency. I don't care for the Equinox and the VCO style of pinpointing, screen layout and VDI ranges, plus they don't throw in needed accessories so will pass on that one. First Texas also has better ergonomics in field use, better customer support, battery life & options. So will be waiting on the new Teknetics T3. If I were buying now I might consider at this time the Rutus Alter 71 or Makro Multi Frequency Kruzer.

Don't like VCO pinpointing ?.....its a double D coil , wiggle it back without the VCO function , that's more accurate anyway. As for needed accessories , depending on what you mean by that the freebies that get thrown in with detectors are almost always junk anyway , its a gimmick.

__________________
Garrett AT pro , Minelab Equinox 600

Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 02-24-2018, 07:36 PM
Timecop67 Timecop67 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Kansas
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by ohiochris View post
Don't like VCO pinpointing ?.....its a double D coil , wiggle it back without the VCO function , that's more accurate anyway. As for needed accessories , depending on what you mean by that the freebies that get thrown in with detectors are almost always junk anyway , its a gimmick.
Will see if the wireless headphones on the Kruzer are reported as junk.....just another value added over the equinox in my book.

I'd like to see the older detuning of the audio to narrow the signal on more detectors to gain more accuracy similar to the Tesoro Outlaw or my older Teknetics 8500....but maybe they are trying to sell more pinpointers nowadays....or the circuits have changed and no longer possible?
Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 02-24-2018, 09:17 PM
ohiochris's Avatar
ohiochris ohiochris is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Findlay , Ohio
Posts: 6,032
Default

Originally Posted by Timecop67 View post
Will see if the wireless headphones on the Kruzer are reported as junk.....just another value added over the equinox in my book.

I'd like to see the older detuning of the audio to narrow the signal on more detectors to gain more accuracy similar to the Tesoro Outlaw or my older Teknetics 8500....but maybe they are trying to sell more pinpointers nowadays....or the circuits have changed and no longer possible?

Ok I see , you were talking about wireless headphones as accessories. But the equinox 800 comes with those too right ?

__________________
Garrett AT pro , Minelab Equinox 600

Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 02-25-2018, 01:25 AM
Timecop67 Timecop67 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Kansas
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by ohiochris View post
Ok I see , you were talking about wireless headphones as accessories. But the equinox 800 comes with those too right ?
Only on the Equinox 800 which is 900$ in price compared to 750$ for the multi Kruzer. You get standard WIRED headphones on the Equinox 600 for the same price as the standard 14khz Kruzer for which you also get wireless headphones....plus you get a AC charger and coil cover. Also like the battery life on Kruzer at around 19 hours. For beach only might consider the Equinox but since I'm 1k miles from any beach the Kruzer would be a great value in IMO for land and freshwater lakes.
Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 02-25-2018, 07:11 AM
kajunman's Avatar
kajunman kajunman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 387
Default

Originally Posted by Timecop67 View post
It is possible First Texas has been researching pulse detection with discrimination.....but more than likely their next machines will be multi frequency. I don't care for the Equinox and the VCO style of pinpointing, screen layout and VDI ranges, plus they don't throw in needed accessories so will pass on that one. First Texas also has better ergonomics in field use, better customer support, battery life & options. So will be waiting on the new Teknetics T3. If I were buying now I might consider at this time the Rutus Alter 71 or Makro Multi Frequency Kruzer.
I have an F75 and the ergonomics are superb. That said I got to hold and swing a Nox 800 yesterday. You would be surprised how ergonomically friendly the Nox is.

The owner of the detector had some gold nuggets (grams) , a small gold ring and a gold chain buried in the sand. It was interesting to see and hear the thoughts of the owner . Multi frequency vs 40 kHz while swinging over the gold. I know what I saw with my eyes. I wont post his thoughts but I agree with him. Let's just say the 600 might be all you need.

FTR, I have a multi Kruzer and Nox 800 on order to compare against each other and to my existing arsenal.

__________________
ACE 350 / F75 SE LTD / AT Max / 2 Deteknix Pinpointers / Garrett AT Pinpointer / Multiple coils for the 350 and F75.

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #11  
Old 02-25-2018, 08:03 AM
Mud-puppy's Avatar
Mud-puppy Mud-puppy is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: West Michigan area
Posts: 9,943
Default

I always thought it would be cool if metal detectors had a 'Time in Use', odometer on them...You know, like a piece of earthmoving equipment has?

That way, a guy could know exactly how many hours he has spent wandering around behind the coil...? It would help doing ROI/CPH calculations...

I know how many hours I've spent running a Bobcat or a Case 480 backhoe, I know how many miles I've driven my vehicles...it would be another interesting reference point in my wasted life...

In fact, it would sort of be interesting to know exactly where a Mans Life is spent! Fishing, Golf, TV, Work, Sleeping, Computer, Church, Mowing the yard...I would just like to know...

This way, a guy could make a logical decision to allocate more time to profitable enterprises, like detecting, and not so much in the Time wasting efforts like going to work or Golf!. Thoughts?

__________________

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Reply With Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
  #12  
Old 02-25-2018, 11:32 AM
Timecop67 Timecop67 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Kansas
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by kajunman View post
I have an F75 and the ergonomics are superb. That said I got to hold and swing a Nox 800 yesterday. You would be surprised how ergonomically friendly the Nox is.

The owner of the detector had some gold nuggets (grams) , a small gold ring and a gold chain buried in the sand. It was interesting to see and hear the thoughts of the owner . Multi frequency vs 40 kHz while swinging over the gold. I know what I saw with my eyes. I wont post his thoughts but I agree with him. Let's just say the 600 might be all you need.

FTR, I have a multi Kruzer and Nox 800 on order to compare against each other and to my existing arsenal.
It took Minelab how long to make a ergonomic machine? I've owned a few Minelabs and they were dead anchors to swing and didn't care for the tones. That leaves the other things I've talked about: screen layout, settings and VDI range.....like it better on the Kruzer. But as you say the Equinox is good on gold in sand but I won't need a beach machine right now.
Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 02-25-2018, 02:14 PM
kajunman's Avatar
kajunman kajunman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 387
Default

Originally Posted by Timecop67 View post
It took Minelab how long to make a ergonomic machine? I've owned a few Minelabs and they were dead anchors to swing and didn't care for the tones. That leaves the other things I've talked about: screen layout, settings and VDI range.....like it better on the Kruzer. But as you say the Equinox is good on gold in sand but I won't need a beach machine right now.
The Nox was good on gold. The M Kruzer looks to be good as well. It should be fun to compare the two.

__________________
ACE 350 / F75 SE LTD / AT Max / 2 Deteknix Pinpointers / Garrett AT Pinpointer / Multiple coils for the 350 and F75.

Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.