January half roundup

TorqueMaster

Elite Member
Hey all, had a moderately successful month here's the box score, lol.

16 boxes total--
21 - 40%
3 - 90% (all '64)
1 - 1987
1 - 1964 Canadian half (80%)
1 - Magic coin
1 - Fender
1 - Gold plated

Really cool to find the silver Canadian half since I haven't run across any Canadian halves before.
Probably my 5th or 6th magic half.
I think my third guitar pick woot.

Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• crh_jan2018.jpg
    crh_jan2018.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 151
  • cdn_half_1964a.jpg
    cdn_half_1964a.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 149
  • cdn_half_1964b.jpg
    cdn_half_1964b.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 175
  • magic1.jpg
    magic1.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 161
  • magic2.jpg
    magic2.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 144
Nice scores, I really like the gold plated half. :D Did you find the guitar pick in a roll? :?:

Also, what is a "magic coin"? :?:

Last edited:
Cool! I have one of those trick coins here in my desk drawer...it was for a bar game called 'Scotch N Soda'...I think I paid $20 for it a long time ago, I was most likely drunk at the time...It even came with a little instruction sheet detailing how to deploy it in Airport bars etc and shyster free drinks from another traveling sucker! :laughing: Never did though, not bold enough I guess, felt sorry for them ....didnt have to rob any stranger for drinks anyhow... had a Company CC...!:laughing:

Thanks all, it was a fun month's finds.

Wolf-Dog: I find quite a few gold ones -- some more "matte" like this one (spray paint?) and some shiny like they've been electroplated. Yep, the guitar pick was in the middle of a roll. I remember my first was a "Fender-ender." And the magic coin -- as you can see the left disc has 2 different sides. The left disc fits snugly (almost seamlessly) into the right half. As I understand it, the magician shows the peso, somehow magically turns it into a US half by secretly slapping the 2 pieces together. When assembled the seam is undetectable so it can even be handed to the audience. Can be identified if the front and back don't register properly, or it's very hollow sounding when dropped. Or by weight.

Back
Top Bottom