• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fisher waterproof pinpointer

JaMoSo82

Elite Member
Why can't Fisher develop something similar to this (but shorter) for us, the hobby detectorists?

http://www.fisherlab.com/industrial/fisher-fml-3-ferro-magnetic-locator.htm

This ferrous detector can find stuff up to 8 feet deep, for finding pipe joints and !!!!. That has to be coming out of the tip straight down. Isn't this the same idea of White's TRX, the tip pinpointing? Plus it is waterproof to 220'.

I would love a super-proof, slim factor tip detector built for rugged conditions AND extremely sensitive to small gold. My Deteknix X-pointer Pro is rated to 200+ feet, but it sucks on finding small foil and aluminum, and likewise small gold.

This seems like a well-made product for its purpose. I wish they could twist it into something new for us.
1a60bc943fd08022d59110d8d3070299.jpg

Oldest coin- 1950 S wheat penny.

I can't remember if it was a Fisher or not but a couple years ago I was doing a project for work and we were searching a cemetery. It was an old cemetery with a lot of pine boxes and newer stuff. One of the guys said I've got a metal detector I can find the metal caskets and depending on the size some of the wood caskets have hinges and clasps on them. In the back of my mind I was thinking "no way" he's using a metal detector to find anything 6 foot deep. He got out something very similar to this. Came in handy helping us find the outline of some unmarked graves. I was expecting him to pull out some old bounty hunter from radio shack.

Back
Top Bottom