Tried a new strategy today and REALLY cleaned up at the beach....

robby4570

Elite Member
Well, OK, I CLEANED UP THE BEACH TODAY... :laughing:

Oh yeah, AND... I went over 1000 career hours MD'ing with this hunt!!

988618_10153005724090635_596230403_n.jpg

I decided to dig EVERY signal that didn't null out or go "BLAAAT BLAAAT" in that low sound that Iron makes.
It paid off, because I dug a lot more Nickels and had an epiphany about Nickel sounds in general.

1002993_10153005599415635_1463903831_n.jpg

But all in all, it was a really productive couple hours, I had a ball with the Sov and now I get to go to work.
Oh well, I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too!

64908_10153005587390635_1591393803_n.jpg

971134_10153005589270635_982586999_n.jpg

1009794_10153005590615635_860368306_n.jpg

Well, if the gold was there, you would have found it!

Better luck next time!

Good hunt and I know what you mean about nickels. I dug a weird signal one time and was surprised to see a nickel come up and something clicked.

I get a lot more nickels now when I hunt!

Thanks y'all!

That ol' Sovereign Elite of mine sort of struggles with the trash ID'ing on bottle caps sometimes, especially the newer ones. The old steelies sound off just as they should or null out, really rusty ones give me a "scritchey scratchey" sound for lack of a better term. Those stupid little copper colored ones sound just like a dime but not quite as "sweet". Since it's so easy to recover targets on the beach with that big honking scoop of mine, I'm digging more targets than skipping.

Nickels now, they sound just like a big fat pulltab. It's hard to explain, there's the sound, but then there's the tone or "richness" to it. I don't know, I guess if you haven't used a Sov (or maybe an Excal? ) you wouldn't understand...

Anyway, I am still learning that wonderful little machine, and it never fails to amaze me!

Too many bottle caps. Beach hunting with a Sovereign there is no need to dig them. Unless you just want to clean up the beach. Beach hunting to me is all about time and energy. I hunt with a discrimination machine to avoid digging bottle caps and bobby pins. Nice job on the nickels. Where there is nickels there just might be gold.

Too many bottle caps. Beach hunting with a Sovereign there is no need to dig them. Unless you just want to clean up the beach. Beach hunting to me is all about time and energy. I hunt with a discrimination machine to avoid digging bottle caps and bobby pins. Nice job on the nickels. Where there is nickels there just might be gold.

I guess you didn't read my original post. Beside "I" don't mind cleaning up the beach a bit. I dig almost everything anyway. Heck, I have even been known to hunt the dry sand with my PI!

To each his own.

yep, you certainly did "clean up"! :shock:
i generally did everything at the beach, iron included. i just don't like the thought of leaving nails behind for little feet to step on. and thank goodness i find a lot more bottle caps than nails.
and every target i don't did is just another one i'll have to listen to the next time around. :lol:

Sometimes when your at the beach you have to wonder if your treasure hunting or community service......lol.....I've had those hunts too.

Yep - excellent day.

Standard PC Beach day........mostly garbage and a few coins...but every now and then it gives up the good stuff.

Love the beach - love to be out there with you.

That works for me! You've got to dig the broken signals, i've never dug a bracelet or a necklace that made a perfect signal...

me to i get nickels come up in different IDs bounce around ,some times nickel some time not

Thats a great hunt.

Dog poop bothers me. I got some in my new hikers and could not get rid of that smell all day. Finally took the garden hose to my new hikers as they were sticking up the house too. Bottlecaps dont bother me a bit. You did good on the nickle, your gonna start pulling rings out of the sand doing that......and much more. Good post.

Back
Top Bottom