Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Notices

Old 02-17-2018, 10:08 AM
Supporter

Default Equinox coil prices/ water proof headphones

Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-17-2018, 10:12 AM

I been searching everyday. I canít find an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-17-2018, 11:44 AM
Elite Member

Default sad to say

There so busy pumping out machines , it might take a while, but they did have 6 months , what's up ? who knows. I do know this, they better keep the price appealing

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Surf Pi DF, Scuba Tector, Sovereign GT, XP Deus WS5, F -75 SE-Boost & DST , Euro Tek Pro, 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 3- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10

Old 02-17-2018, 01:55 PM
Supporter

More than a few angry Equinox buyers due to no waterproof headphones available yet and no word as to when they can be expected. To be fair I have also heard the same complaint about the Makro Kruzer waterproof headphones not being available yet.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:15 PM
Elite Member

A temporary work around the waterproof headphones lacking.

Take a full set of el cheapos with small jack on cord. Use them, if you torch by getting wet, you ain't lost much.

Btw, I may be wrong.
I have 2 pairs of headphones with little jack, one works the other don't.
One has green coloring the other black, the one with black works fine.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:49 PM
Elite Member

Post The

Way it looks to me you need the waterproof headphones Dave, as it most likely is a screw in type, jack at the bottom rubber seal so know water can penetrate, so a cheap set of headphones might plug in, but the hole will be exposed with no seal.

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Surf Pi DF, Scuba Tector, Sovereign GT, XP Deus WS5, F -75 SE-Boost & DST , Euro Tek Pro, 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 3- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10

Old 02-17-2018, 02:58 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Surf Master View post
Way it looks to me you need the waterproof headphones Dave, as it most likely is a screw in type, jack at the bottom rubber seal so know water can penetrate, so a cheap set of headphones might plug in, but the hole will be exposed with no seal.
Standby here Earl and I will post link explaining.
http://www.detectorprospector.com/fo...ections-sizes/

Notice the jack on the water proof headphones. Nothing special except may be the beef up on edge to keep sand and dirt out.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:38 PM
Supporter

I just put in my order for a pair but no idea how long that will be.
I would also like to know if there will be any aftermarket phones available Gray Ghost etc.
For people who already have GG Amphibians for the CTX it would be nice if they made an adapter to fit the Nox.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:56 PM
Elite Member

I don't own one.

Can you post sone pictures of what the connector on the headphones and the one on the machine look like?
Thanks!

Old 02-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Elite Member

I've seen on some other forums where people have made their own adapter cables with a home made male audio connector at the EX and a short cable with a female CTX connector so the CTX headphones could be used.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post

Notice the jack on the water proof headphones. Nothing special except may be the beef up on edge to keep sand and dirt out.
they are threaded and seal with gasket. what you are telling people will toast their machines and void warranty.

If putting control box in water you have to have the sealed cap on or sealed waterproof headphones plug. Regular 1/8" plug is gonna let water in and short out your machine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

discount code A1466 |
|
|

Old 02-20-2018, 01:54 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post

Makes no sense Minelab did away with the Koss land headphones. But stayed with the Koss water head phones. Minelab do us all a favor and eliminate the koss water headphones

Old 02-20-2018, 02:06 PM
24K Larry

All I need is a pic of the plug. Got two detectors coming. Gotta have my headphones ready

Old 02-20-2018, 02:08 PM
24K Larry

Originally Posted by budaf250 View post
Makes no sense Minelab did away with the Koss land headphones. But stayed with the Koss water head phones. Minelab do us all a favor and eliminate the koss water headphones
I got CTX connectors on my excaliburs. Oddly the Koss CTX waterproof headphones stink on the CTX but blow my ears off on my Excaliburs.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:04 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by itsaring! View post
All I need is a pic of the plug. Got two detectors coming. Gotta have my headphones ready
Link to pics was posted in this thread.

|
|

discount code A1466 |
|
|

Old 02-20-2018, 03:32 PM
Elite Member

I got CTX connectors on my excaliburs. Oddly the Koss CTX waterproof headphones stink on the CTX but blow my ears off on my Excaliburs.
Here is what the connector looks like.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2018, 03:36 PM
24K Larry

Originally Posted by Jeff in Georgia View post
Here is what the connector looks like.
Yeah now I just got to locate who has them. Sadly the Nox is gonna have smart coils. So no aftermarket coils again. I noticed even Gary D. Quit using the CTX coiltek ones. Got rid of my coilteks.

Old 02-20-2018, 04:15 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by detectingMO View post
they are threaded and seal with gasket. what you are telling people will toast their machines and void warranty.

If putting control box in water you have to have the sealed cap on or sealed waterproof headphones plug. Regular 1/8" plug is gonna let water in and short out your machine.
You are part correct here I think.

Manual says something pertaining to submersion with cap removed, like no damage.

See page 58 of manual.

Why anyone would submerge without cap installed, beats me.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:45 PM
Supporter

Sound was part of the problem the largest problem was the fit. They would slip down. the cups would not stay where you put them. Plus the sound quality was pis poor.