Death Toll is now at 4 in the hunt for Forrest Fenn's Supposed Buried Treasure

He basically drove somewhere walked a little ways off the path and hid/buried the chest. Nothing should be making people search in spots where they can die.

This is all assuming the treasure even exists.

He basically drove somewhere walked a little ways off the path and hid/buried the chest. Nothing should be making people search in spots where they can die.

This is all assuming the treasure even exists.

Even if it did exist there is the possibility it was already found, I would think long and hard before reporting found treasure, good way to lose it.

Even if it did exist there is the possibility it was already found, I would think long and hard before reporting found treasure, good way to lose it.

I read a while back that he confirms it’s still there every now and then.

Didn't Josh Gates do an episode of expedition unknown where he looks for it and talks to the guy?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Finding a 12x12 box that is buried somewhere between New Mexico and the Canadian border..... :laughing: people get so stupid when it comes to money.

Even if you could narrow it down to a 10 square mile area, you would have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than finding that box.

Does it truly exist or is he playing a deadly joke on people. Even if it is real it certainly isn't worth dying for.

$2 million isn't worth your life.

Well lets think about this for a Moment...$2 million vs Life?...I guess it would depend upon the value of the 'Life'? Monetarily speaking.... Lets start with the baseline: "All Men are Created Equal"...OK...but after that, the actual 'Value of a Life' in dollar terms is a widely variable regional and time sensitive commodity...

Some peoples lives are completely worthless, or actually running in a deficit. Both to themselves and Society as a whole..Heck, some people readily admit, "I'm just a Worthless POS"! Other people will support that assessment in agreement, especially if you ask your Wife!..."You ARE a worthless POS"!

Lets say the average American Eddie Punchclock down at the Dirt Factory can expect to knock down @45k/yr...Lets say he works there everyday in the Prime Years of His Life for 20yrs bagging dirt....that represents an overall 'Value' of $900k! Lets say he volunteers in the Community, raises a Family, Helps his Neighbors and Strangers...

What is his overall Life Value? A banker would tell you Eddie's Life is not worth dink, worth more dead than alive...Like George Bailey...

Now lets take a guy who gives a 30 min speech for $500k, not safe to have around Children, couldnt build a doghouse, replace a lightbulb, or fix a car, Unfaithful in vows...What is his Lifes Value?....Again, that depends on who you ask...

So its all variable, ...Some Lives aint worth dink to begin with...:laughing:

Last edited:
I wonder if it’s out there like everyone else. But you gotta wonder if the treasure is “the thrill of the chase” and not actually gold.... Now that would be epic if you wanted to be remembered forever. I have a feeling forest fenn will be a name our kids, kids, kids will still be talking about.

Each man is responsible for his own hide. If your gonna do dangerous stuff you know there is a chance you could get hurt or worse. I don’t think he holds any responsibility to any injuries or deaths that may occur. He has given countless people something to do. Gotten many people off the couch and out there active as well.

This is about giving people something to live for almost. Think of how many people have had that light go on and felt excitement when they think they found a clue. Think of how happy they had to have been to finally be putting their boots to the ground out there actually looking after research. This undoubtedly has brought many good things to many lives. It’s all about the thrill of the chase after all.....

I don't think it's an issue of looking for it as much as being smart, prepared, and careful if you are out there hunting for it. I live near Mt. Washington and unprepared hikers die there regularly. It's not so much the treasure hunting aspect as it is being prepared both physically and mentally.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I brought this up a few weeks ago when another had died. Posters were very dismissive. Most implying that it's better to go out doing something you love. Or you could die in a car accident, etc. A true reflection of society now days. People just don't value life that much.

It is hard to value human life when so many people screw everything up and do so many horrible things. Then i think about how we need population controll of some sort and how it really is hopeless to continue producing crappy humans at the rate we do. I myself would be more than happy to die treasure hunting.

Sad that anyone loses their life for whatever reason.

Anyone? Sad? Historically speaking..I do not concur!...There has to be some sort of 'Life Value' parameters established...Some people are pure Evil Incarnate, for instance, like that little girl Rhoda depicted in that one old movie titled: "The Bad Seed"?...Thats just one example...theres plenty of others...

The World would be a better place without some people out running around....

There were some earlier similar treasure hunts. I had the pleasure of spending a summer out in central New York state in the late 80's - near the Catskill mountains. One of the locals told me about the tale of a jewel-encrusted nine-pin (bowling pin) that was hidden by a park ranger somewhere in the Catskill Mountain National Park. Clues to the whereabouts were in a published book.

Found out later that the treasure was found once, and the finder had the pin displayed at a bank in town - the treasure was replaced by a smooth rock that had RVW (for Rip Van Winkle) engraved on it.

The goal was to draw tourists to the Catskill area. The rock was found in 1990. The area did another treasure hunt by this time hiding a specially commissioned doubloon replica, and the finder would be entitled to a jewel-encrusted crown. Clues were written in a booklet. Again, it was found this time by a team of people.

Here's a short blurb about both:
https://tinyletter.com/historichapp...ngs-no-62-the-lost-treasure-of-rip-van-winkle

A photo of the crown, claimed in 2008:
http://www.dailyfreeman.com/article/DF/20081220/NEWS/312209989

With all of the shows and stories of how people go bankrupt and make bad choices after winning a lottery jackpot, it’s likely that if the 2 million was found it would possibly kill you anyway.

Back
Top Bottom