YOUR NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS (THIS IS CRAZY lol)

dumbdigger

Elite Member
Well, the wife and I went to the bank today and did our normal. An older gentleman was making a deposit. As we waited in line patiently we heard the sound of silver hitting the counter. My wife thought SILVER! The guy said he would be in soon to make another coin deposit and off he went.

Wife went right over to the teller and bought all he deposited. It was $120 in halves. Came home started to tear into them and about half way through
I grabbed the Nikon D5100. I got the live unwrapping. UNBELIEVABLE

This is my first recording of anything. Very raw. I sound stupid but, I wanted to get it on camera. Thanks for the inspiration DONNEY lol.
Also, the total take was 2 90%ers and 72 40%ers.
We will call this the "THIS IS CRAZY" video as I said this like 40 times.:D

http://youtu.be/VwxJbAOn8WQ

The way it stops at '68 he must have them in bags by years he's dumping out and rolling. Imagine unrolling a $500 box like that!:shock:

Yea I was thinking just maybe he didnt know the 65-70 are 40%ers?
The 2 64's that I did get were pretty dark on the sides. So, maybe he kept all the pre-64's and over looked 2 of them? IDK just a thought.

We will see what today brings cuz, I have two more boxes of halves to pick up. Unfortunately these boxes will be from a different bank. I feel like a KING! Sorry KT had to throw that in here.

We will see what today brings cuz, I have two more boxes of halves to pick up. Unfortunately these boxes will be from a different bank. I feel like a KING! Sorry KT had to throw that in here.

LOL What ever melts YOUR BUTTER, dumbdigger! Just glad you got it before someone in the bank noticed and nabbed em! You shoulda asked the teller the fellow's name and called him to give him paper cash for whatever else he has! :laughing::laughing:

Awesome!!! Things happen like this every so often, Happened to me as well.

I got (95) 1965-1969 40% silver Kennedy Haves found in only 5 out of 6 rolls.

Attachments

• user9414_pic10631_1269543003.jpg
    user9414_pic10631_1269543003.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 344
That is a nice haul of 40's, congrats!

It could be he dumped them because the jeweler offered $1 ea. Face it, there's not much value in the 40% right now, less than 3 bucks.

If you are too young to remember, (yes Im old at 52), the Hunts wanted pure silver as possible in their attempt to corner the silver market back in '79-'80.
I was a young roll hunter then, and silver was hard to come by as it approached $50/oz. 40% silver halves were'nt desirable because they were considered "dirty", and many times they were just tossed back. Many old-timers like myself still carry that mentality, even tho I keep every 40%'er that I find.

oh haha just finished reading the rest of the thread. lol. Love the shout out!

Back
Top Bottom