I've just received my Sherlock DTS - short review

Dorado

Elite Member
I've just received my Sherlock DTS, Im going to test it today to see how it works, this is my first pinpointer. Lets see if I like this tool, if so maybe I'll buy a better one on the future

(short review bellow)

Hi guys and gals!

well, today I used a pinpointer for the first time. I was one of the folks who thought once that buying a pinpointer was a waste of money, I bought it because I wanted to save time on my recoveries and avoid a little frustration some times.

The Sherlock DTS is a great tool for the price, on Ebay they go very cheap.
my first impression is that it is very easy to set-up and use, it has good sensitivity to small targets and good depth (about 1 and a half inches on a coin). I hunted for about 4 hours strait and it didn't need to be retuned.

I like a bright white led that it has on the front, very handy for night hunting; when is comes close to the target, the response is a "beep" (that you can mute if you prefer) and a red led that lights up

A tip when balancing is setting it up in a way that you will be able to hear a beep when you press the ON button, that will give you a little extra depth.
The bad side is that it is not water-proof, but a plastic bag, tape and rubberbands will solve that problem. Today the Sherlock helped me to recover a little coin that otherwise would be a pain. I'm very satisfied so far

Hope this post becomes helpful :cool:

Thank u for the review.
Looks like it would make a decent backup....

I haven't used others probes, but I think this one does the job. Having it as a backup is a good idea.

let's see how it works on the following months :yes:

sherlock.jpg

here is the picture, it costed me about 20 GBP

Today it worked perfect again, Im actually having more fun MDing using a probe :cool:

Back
Top Bottom