Early beach hunt finds Richard Petty "43" Superbird

GLASSHOPPER1955

Elite Member
Got out at the crack of dawn and found the usual clad.

Found Richard Petty's "43" Superbird (NOT Bubba's "43"- I'd rebury that).

I think I have found at least three different ones now. :yes:

Attachments

• SS858086.jpg
    SS858086.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 499
  • SS858087.jpg
    SS858087.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 471
Pretty cool that is still has all 4 tires ! I like the bumble bee key ring thingy.

Nice! I don't blame you I'd want to rebury Bubba's too, or at least remove it so I didn't keep finding it. :D

Amazingly clean finds, but after a bit of looking and by the grit, I'd guess beach digs? Regardless a Petty car and enough clad for a cold drink makes for a good day.

The car is tied to the movie "Cars". Note "Dinoco" oil company sponsor. The cartoon version with "Tow-Mater the wrecker. "Mack" the car-hauler, Lightning McQueen, etc.
Still a neat find

The car is tied to the movie "Cars". Note "Dinoco" oil company sponsor. The cartoon version with "Tow-Mater the wrecker. "Mack" the car-hauler, Lightning McQueen, etc.
Still a neat find

Nice catch, I see the eyes on the windshield now. Still a Richard Petty car made for the Cars movie, even if he didn't drive a Dinoco sponsor car. :D See here...

The company's branding uses a pale blue shade referred to as "Dinoco blue", originally created for Richard Petty's racecar. "The King" is portrayed with Dinoco branding as #43, a Plymouth Superbird. Dinoco is the most lucrative sponsor in the Piston Cup, a parody of NASCAR's Grand National driver's trophy series, which was originally called Winston Cup[49] lending its name to the "Dinoco 400" race at the "Motor Speedway of the South", an enlarged Bristol Speedway. Its owner Tex is a loyal, longtime sponsor of The King #43, a veteran racer on the verge of retirement.[22] This corporate sponsorship is the primary trophy for which the race cars in Cars contend. The Dinoco brand features prominently in much Cars-related merchandise.

Back
Top Bottom