Anyone search County Fairgrounds?

Beefcake

Elite Member
I was just curious. I've been wanting to hit my county fairground, my dad lives right beside the gates. People walk their dogs in there, but I have never seen Mding going on, honestly I'm starting to think I'm the only one in town. (good problem to have I guess). So has anyone ever gone to a county fairground and what was the response if any?

This has been discussed in other threads. Some fairgounds allow it, some don't. I'd be surprised if yours hasn't been searched a few times already. The wonderful thing about fairgrounds is the ground gets replenished with fresh coins after every event. Many fairgrounds have a ban on metal detecting. My local fairground has a ban because of a couple poorly behaved MDers who left gopher holes everywhere in the past. They won't lift the ban any time soon, unfortunately.

Our fairgrounds is 109 years old, I'd love to try there, who know's I deliver pizzas to the groundskeeper every now and again, I'll ask then. Too bad about your fgrounds, I hope noone has ruined it for us at mine.

I have hunted many fair and carnival grounds...the amount of coins laying in plain sight is unbelievable. Also, don't underestimate the amount of treasures you will find in the grass/dirt parking areas. I have found more in these than anywhere else, most MD'ers overlook them. When I go to overhunted parks I hunt the parking areas first, then hit the playground area. You will be amazed.

I went to an old fairground today. Its now a bean field. Found a 1880 indianhead penny! It was laying on top. That was the only thing i found

I hunt our fairgrounds, it gets hit pretty hard. When the midway is being tore down there are MD'ers
waiting for the last truck to leave and they pounce on that area. I opt for the other areas and find
clad. Haven't gotten much else to date, but I keep working the area.

Whenever a festival is over, I'm there the next morning...it's always on a Sat. or Sun. The only fairground I have been told no to is the county one where I LIVE!!! I've booked bldgs. before at many of the fairgrounds to hold seminars for our company that I work for. So I have a nice rapport with the people there and they always say yes. One fairground where I asked at the courthouse, the lady was so pleased that I asked permission that she said yes, she'd be glad to have me do it. And she was so amazed, since most people just go and never ask!

Trudy

Back
Top Bottom