Greetings from Southern Oregon

TeamTrekkerz

Hello all,
My wife and son bought me an X-terra 305 a couple years ago and I love it, although getting used to the readings is proving difficult since I cannot go out and use it as much as I'd like.
Finds include a 1942 nickel found at an old homestead site and a lipstick cap from the late 60's found in our backyard.

Short story, I used to be in a nature club here in Southern Oregon in the late 70's and we went hiking near what is now Applegate Lake in Jackson County. While hiking I found an old rusty railroad spike which I still have somewhere. Long story short we found an old horizontal mine with a miners shack and an outhouse. All of the mining equipment was gone and since none of the guides knew the mine was there no one brought a flashlight.

I've always wanted to go back up there and now that I have a good detector I think this could be the time since I'm not getting any younger. I've done as much research as I can and can find absolutely no info on any mines in that area.
Now I just hope that my son and I can find it.

I'll post anything that we find.

Thanx for having such an awesome forum.

Welcome from North Dakota. Should be interesting to see what you find at the mine!

Tru

Hi, I live in Eagle Point and would like to get together sometime! Have you ever heard of the lost gold mine on Steamboat Mountain near Applegate lake? Maybe you found it!

Welcome from the Florida Treasure coast.

Keep metal detecting while your legs still work.

Back
Top Bottom