My BEST Find Ever!!!

Toddsnake

Forum Supporter
Went detecting early this morning at 6:30 a.m.. Forecast was a high temp of 100 degrees today! Found an old warehouse building that is vacant and has a For Sale sign in the front lawn area, less than a mile from my house! A couple of guys were working there cleaning out the building and they gave me permission to hunt the huge front lawn area. Hunted about 80% of it in about 6 hours until it got too hot! Found $4.65 in coins!
My BEST FIND EVER!
1937 Walking Liberty Half Dollar!:lol::lol:
Other noteworthy finds were 1944 D Mercury Dime, 1976 Bicentennial Half Dollar, 1941, 1944 D, 1958 D Wheaties.

Attachments

• WLHD 1.jpg
    WLHD 1.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 917
  • WLHD 2.jpg
    WLHD 2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 864
  • 1944 D MD 1.jpg
    1944 D MD 1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 871
Congrats on your nice finds! This must be the Walker Half week...it seems everyone is finding them. I found mine this week at a very similar location as you did.

:woot: What a fantastic hunt! Great job! I am still in search of my first Walker.

Sounds like a sweet location, too.

Next Morning Hunt

Well I returned to the old building and concluded my hunt of the front lawn area this morning. Started at 6:15 and was done by 9:00. Found $1.62 in coins. Struck silver one more time! 1957 D Quarter!:lol: I knew I was due for one, 3 of the quarters I found there yesterday were 1965.:roll:
The building also has a huge side yard down left side of the building, about 30 feet by 250 feet. Probably not traveled as much as the front lawn area which had three entranceways with sidewalks going out to the street. Grass on the side yard is very lush and thick, yet all dry and brown unlike the front lawn. I will get started on the side yard next weekend!

Attachments

• 1957 WQ.jpg
    1957 WQ.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 590
Congratulations Ts on the Walker, I havent found one in a very long time, I like all silvers but the Walkers are special
Congrats

Back
Top Bottom