Digging up Woodstock - No thanks

ollievon

Elite Member
There was an article about how a team of archeologists are digging up the 1969 Woodstock concert field - and they are finding nothing but broken glass and pull tabs...ha-ha, I wonder what they hoped to find?

Of all the places on my bucket list - Woodstock would be dead last, could you imagine the amount of beaver-tail pull tabs and Zincolns, OMG!!!!

https://nypost.com/2018/06/21/what-archaeologists-digging-at-woodstock-hope-to-find/

Probably find the rivets off my old jeans when I slid them off to go sliding in the mud.

Good times.

There was an article about how a team of archeologists are digging up the 1969 Woodstock concert field - and they are finding nothing but broken glass and pull tabs...ha-ha, I wonder what they hoped to find?

Of all the places on my bucket list - Woodstock would be dead last, could you imagine the amount of beaver-tail pull tabs and Zincolns, OMG!!!!

https://nypost.com/2018/06/21/what-archaeologists-digging-at-woodstock-hope-to-find/

Didn't have zincolns back then...they were copper. I'd bet there would be a good amount of jewelry finds.

Archies

I could very well find a Nice Pipe,you know!

I heard that they found Keith Richards Great, Great Grandfather still sitting down at the swimming hole. :grin:

I wouldn't think they had a need to carry much pocket change, but then again that was probably before most people used credit cards as much as they do now.

There were about half as many people at Goose Lake Music Festival 1970.
Just a few miles from here. It’s now a 1,000 unit campground.
Dug it, found a whole lotta ‘nuttin. :cool:

I would go and help out if I got the call.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

care should be taken there, because there is a multitude of small burial sites that contain the diagested remains of a whole lot of canned food. :cool: This hunger was brought on by the use of some green leafy substances. Cellophane chip bags did not make for very good hygiene wipes. Oh the gud ole days!!!

care should be taken there, because there is a multitude of small burial sites that contain the diagested remains of a whole lot of canned food. :cool: This hunger was brought on by the use of some green leafy substances. Cellophane chip bags did not make for very good hygiene wipes. Oh the gud ole days!!!

Any of those types of left "behinds" would have long since decomposed to fertilize the grounds. But I would imagine one could find some significant silver coinage since there would have been plenty still in circulation back then and pockets still got holes. The beaver tails would be found in abundance.

Any of those types of left "behinds" would have long since decomposed to fertilize the grounds. But I would imagine one could find some significant silver coinage since there would have been plenty still in circulation back then and pockets still got holes. The beaver tails would be found in abundance.
Hippies never had any money!:lol:

<<<Deleted by Admin>>>>

Tell me, what part of NO POLITICS in our Forum Rules don't you understand?

Last edited by a moderator:
idiot archies, what do they think theyre going to find? It's not an archaeological site, there is nothing unknown or new information to be learned. This is why I hate this kind of drivel. They will tell we cant metal detect a site because its "archaeological" when its nothing more than academic curiosity with NOTHING to be gained.

idiot archies, what do they think theyre going to find? It's not an archaeological site, there is nothing unknown or new information to be learned. This is why I hate this kind of drivel. They will tell we cant metal detect a site because its "archaeological" when its nothing more than academic curiosity with NOTHING to be gained.
Agreed!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom