Colonial Era Bottle?

RF1

I found this bottom of an old bottle years ago in coastal NC (before I metal detected). I remember pieces of bricks and oyster shells around, so must have been an old home site. With the crude pontil, it always struck me as a really old bottle. Anyone have any clues?

Attachments

• bottle1.jpg
    bottle1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 615
  • bottle2.jpg
    bottle2.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 540
  • bottle3.jpg
    bottle3.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 565
Thanks, I googled that bottle and that is definitely it!

Definitely would have been cool to find the whole thing. Maybe you'll get back there one day

I grew up in coastal North Carolina, in a little town called Snead's Ferry, close to Camp Lejuene. Joined the USMC when I was 17 and left there for good. Nowadays I think back on all the cool things I found laying alongside the river, and on the beach and I wonder just what in the hell I was thinking about when I didn't pick the stuff up.

Super cool find friend. Thanks for sharing.

Same here. The spot where I found the bottle would have been a great detecting site, but I was looking for arrowheads at the time. Did not detect back them. It's now lost to pine trees, but maybe in 5-10 years will be huntable.

I grew up in coastal North Carolina, in a little town called Snead's Ferry, close to Camp Lejuene. Joined the USMC when I was 17 and left there for good. Nowadays I think back on all the cool things I found laying alongside the river, and on the beach and I wonder just what in the hell I was thinking about when I didn't pick the stuff up.

Super cool find friend. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom