1st hunt for 2017 – Killed the Klad!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I got up early to hit South Beach for a dry sand sunrise hunt with the Deleon and the “clean sweep coil”. I made the decision not to go in the water last night due to the surf being rough and the tides being off. My goals were simple; 1. Have fun and 2. Hit a 100 coins. Seemed to have done both today in my 3 hour hunt! I was actually pleasantly surprised by the 2 Wheaties when going through my spoils at home. The 10¢ Euro goes into my "Euro pouch" for use this summer so that was cool. I saw 2 other dry sand guys and 1 guy roughing it in the water. I could’ve hunted a bit more but it’s still brutally hot down and I wanted to save some energy for an afternoon plumbing repair. :roll: Hopefully I’ll head out early tomorrow for to a beach I haven’t hunted in a while.

Attachments

• 1-3-17 Detector Sunrise.jpg
    1-3-17 Detector Sunrise.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 436
  • 1-3-17.jpg
    1-3-17.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 427
  • 1-3-17 Coins (1).jpg
    1-3-17 Coins (1).jpg
    35 KB · Views: 359
  • 1-3-17 Coins (2).jpg
    1-3-17 Coins (2).jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Is that coil difficult to pinpoint with? Just curious.... looks like you did great on the coinage!

Man that is cool! Would love to have a 100+ coin day. We just need more metered parking a beach front shops to help that happen

Is that coil difficult to pinpoint with? Just curious.... looks like you did great on the coinage!
Pinpointing is easy - it's either at the front or heel of the coil. I use the front.

Nice ! buy don't try to fool us, that picture is from a year ago !! it clearly says so ! LOL :laughing:

joking aside ... nice haul ! :D

Nice ! buy don't try to fool us, that picture is from a year ago !! it clearly says so ! LOL :laughing:

joking aside ... nice haul ! :D

:lol: I can't believe I did that!:roll: Will fix it right away!

Brutally hot?? Your killing me Felix! 10 - 17 here and brutally cold!

You sure found a lot of new coins and I see a lot of crusty old ones also. I am very surprised you didn't find a silver or gold with that many targets still.

I am glad someone can get out and play. This weather is for the penguins.

Outstanding! That coil always makes me giggle! Clean Sweep is a good name for it...Like a danged old bowling alley mop!:laughing: Thats the perfect tool for quick brooming those Sandcat tracks!
Mud

Credit

That's a lot of dig's Felix, just curious what do you do with all the zinc pennies , you must really have the Felix zincon mobile by now HOWBOUTIT :lol:

Back
Top Bottom