Arrow in arrow, bad as freaky

msand

Elite Member
ok this has never happen to me before. Yesterday i went to practice shooting some arrows and the first shot, not to bad the second shot real good. Omg.

Attachments

• Arrow in Arrow.jpg
    Arrow in Arrow.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 179
I've been fortunate/unfortunate enough to pull off a robin hood from 40 yards. Mine were with Easton aluminum arrows though. It's a nice accomplishment but a somewhat expensive one. Hang it on the wall from a nice rack if you have one. Congrats.

Good shooting. That's exactly why they put several dots on the target to shoot at.
If you had a crossbow, you would learn in short order to NOT shoot at the same dot twice because it does get expensive very quickly. Even though I build my own arrows from bare shafts, I have over $70 into a dozen when they're complete (not counting broadheads).

Definatly a wall hanger

When I practiced (Back in the day) I never pulled off the Robin Hood thing, but I sure ruined a lot of arrows with dings and dents rendering them worthless.
Must have been dead perfect for the nock to not deflect it.:yes:

Sadly, I have one of those hanging in my office, and another in my garage. Arrows can be expensive. I have since learned to better spread the arrows in the bulls eye to prevent the Robin Hood effect. It was cool the first time it happened to me. I was less pleased the second time around.

If you were trying to tail pipe your arrow, great shot! It isn't an easy shot. I have tried many a time. Mine were just the result of negligently tight grouping.

I ran small bohning double click nocks, trophy ridge fat field points, and carbon express arrows with the aluminum nock guard to try and help prevent a Robin Hood. We'll need less to say I still got one at 30 yards. I try and shoot multiple bulls eyes but when shooting with others it's not always possible. Congrats on your first Robin Hood! Defiantly one for the wall. I'll post a pick of mine tonight later.

Thanks Everyone for your reply. I will now shoot at one of the other dots to prevent this.

ok this has never happen to me before. Yesterday i went to practice shooting some arrows and the first shot, not to bad the second shot real good. Omg.

Congratulations, not TOO bad indeed!

Spelling guru strikes again:D

Bulldog collars are suppose to prevent that. I try not to practice to much. A few shots out of my tree stand at the beginning of the season with the broad head Im using just to satisfy my need to know my bow is still on. Confidence in my equipment and a repeatable nock point and Im good to go.

I thought that was something only done in movies. That's amazing! Congrats! Even if it is a slightly expensive accomplishment :laughing:

Bulldog collars are suppose to prevent that. I try not to practice to much. A few shots out of my tree stand at the beginning of the season with the broad head Im using just to satisfy my need to know my bow is still on. Confidence in my equipment and a repeatable nock point and Im good to go.
Buldog collars will just add weight?

I thought that was something only done in movies. That's amazing! Congrats! Even if it is a slightly expensive accomplishment :laughing:
I cut the first arrow off and saved the second one is still in good order. Thanks!

I use them on the Carbon Express Mayhem Hunter...a little inertia never hurt anything. Good thing you weren't using lighted nocks!

Back
Top Bottom