F2 possible problem?

Xaquin

Elite Member
I've had my Fisher F2 now for about 4 months and have definitely gotten to know it well enough to think that something -may- be wrong with it.

Earlier today, I found a CW Button. These always (in the past) have rung up in the high zinc to low dime range being made of brass. This one was no exception .... until I got it out of the ground. I dug the hole and rescanned and got nothing. So I figured I'd hit it with my pinpointer and if I didn't find it, I'd chalk it up to a false signal. It happens.

I put my pinpointer and immediately felt it buzz. I reached in about 4" and there was my CW Button.

"That's odd" I thought. So I put it flat on the ground and scanned it with my Fisher .... nothing. I've scanned over that button a dozen times since and it will NOT set my MD off (unless I put it on all metal).

The F2 works on all other metals and my other CW Buttons. It IDs quarters as quarters and dimes as dimes, etc. etc.

Any ideas?

Here is the CW Button I found as well as the Barber Dime I found about half an hour later with my not so trusty F2

398975_10150837451533279_630298278_9403275_772538344_n.jpg

batteries are brand new

I'll try the other thing

it's just weird that it'll hit anything but that one button lol

Have not heard that problem before with the F2. Like Digger suggest, hit the power buttton and hold down for 10 to 15 seconds. I know of F2 users who did this and it worked. Good Luck!

Just a thought.....
\Pull the batteries...and put back in..after a few minutes...maybe, maybe some discrim is stuck on?

Back
Top Bottom