• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Another Buffalo and Six Wheat Cents!

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
My kids had swim practice tonight so I went along with my family and got out to the adjacent park for some metal detecting.

Shimmied under the construction fence a la Tom style ;) JK man, it was still light out (JK again!).

Saw they had moved some dirt around at this tear-out/park work area I found my first ever buffalo at.

Was not dissappointed, found another buffalo! Heck yeah - a bit better shape than my first one :)

Also found 6 wheat cents! That is the most I've ever found in a day and is usally the number I find in a whole year of detecting if I'm lucky, so that was awesome.

They're a couple older wheats in there too:

1925-S
1925-D
1940-S
1956-D
1944-S
193?-S(?) just too toasted to tell

Also found an old bullet - doesn't look shot, single ring, pistol, I'll have to take measurements and post it in the ID section. Pretty cool. Found 2 other shot bullets, plus a 7.65mm GFL cartrige - a Russian pistol cartridge? not sure what that's about.

Lastly, my best ever marble find, marble #5 since I started. It's cracked but whole, maybe ran over by machinery there. A white swirl shooter? marble as it's large. Picture doesn’t do it justice. This one goes out to Jamflicker :lol:

Needless to say, it was a great hunt for me, super happy. Happy hunting!

Attachments

• AD016E9D-5749-4303-9D99-E8895E898EC2.jpg
    AD016E9D-5749-4303-9D99-E8895E898EC2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Congrats on your first buffalo's GS, here in Mi. they put up fences too, in very old areas, street tear outs and everything else , no way to shimmie under them and too old to climb over them :laughing:

Awesome hunt again and congrats on the buffalo, wheats and of course that marble. Looks like you'll have to keep your eye on that spot. Hopefully some silver will show up.

Congrats on your first buffalo's GS, here in Mi. they put up fences too, in very old areas, street tear outs and everything else , no way to shimmie under them and too old to climb over them :laughing:

Thanks Busca. This is my fifth year detecting and getting my first two buffs (plus 9 wheats) this month just amazes me.

Awesome hunt again and congrats on the buffalo, wheats and of course that marble. Looks like you'll have to keep your eye on that spot. Hopefully some silver will show up.

Thanks Jam. I couldn’t believe it when I saw the marble, best of my measly 5 “career” marbles :lol: This spot is tiny, but I will be back, and try the adjacent areas too. Maybe they’ll tear more of this area up :)

I want a buffalo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was me for 5 years :lol: May yours come sooner.

Man you're bound to hit silver there eventually with all those old wheaties and the buff. Congrats!

:lol:Yeah Tom weasles his way into all those sights with antiquities and posted signs all over,then he expects money from us! No wonder he hunts at night.:laughing:

Great finds Sweeper! It looks like the ground you're hunting in isn't very nice to coins. What state are you hunting in?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nice hunt, GS!

I'm going out early tomorrow morning, before it gets hot. Maybe some curb strips. Want to join me?

Congrats on the nice assortment of finds! Finding those buffs tells me your into a good area for some more oldies.

Thanks Jak!

Congrats on a great hunt! I love those old wheats and buffs.

Thanks Charlie, me too!

Man you're bound to hit silver there eventually with all those old wheaties and the buff. Congrats!

Thanks Toad! I think there probably is more silver there. jl1252 pulled a few silvers out of this spot.

:lol:Yeah Tom weasles his way into all those sights with antiquities and posted signs all over,then he expects money from us! No wonder he hunts at night.:laughing:

:lol:

Great finds Sweeper! It looks like the ground you're hunting in isn't very nice to coins. What state are you hunting in?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks Tundra! I’m in Northern California.

That’s a great hunt!

Thanks Boomer!

Congrats on the Buffalo, wheats, marble and the rest of the digs...nice hunt!

Thank you Captain, appreciated!

Nice hunt, GS!

I'm going out early tomorrow morning, before it gets hot. Maybe some curb strips. Want to join me?

Thanks Diggum, I’ll PM you my phone number.

A very nice outing Sweeper. Congrats on another Buffalo, the Wheat's and all the rest. Trapper

Thank you kindly!

Back
Top Bottom