Buy your Own Hunting Grounds

socalhopeless and I detected there a while back, I found an 1856 seated dime coming back from a camping trip about 200 miles north of there and stopped at a spot the wife thought would be of interested to me, which happened to be relatively close to the town.

found the dime within 5 minutes of being at the spot my wife knew about and of course we were running so late had to leave 5 min after finding it. like all of us I left feeling like I left what would be an incredible site.. couldn't stop thinking about it, called mike and we made the trek up

found a handful of silvers but nothing pre 1900s, he did find a Franklin which was cool,

while we were there we bumped into a local who told us to head up to Cerro Gordo, we later found out that the care taker 30+ years ago at Cerro Gordo would you let detect the property for a pint of whiskey :laughing::mad:

we spend 5 - 6 hours poking around, found some neat relics and some period stuff but nothing out of this world.. was a great time, very cool place, sadly its been absolutely pounded and the amount of trash left lying around is quite sad.

will throw down some $$ to buy that! lol

All you have to do is persuade the wife that you want to invest in property in the middle of no where ,on the edge of death valley. Shouldn't be a problem right .:laughing:
Maybe not...We actually spent a few days in Death Valley with the kids during Spring Break a few years ago. It was a beautiful and peaceful place. While we were there we visited the gold mining ghost town of Rhyolite- it was awesome! :yes:

Hmmm.....Another Brilliant MudPup Idea!

So lets say a guy looks around for a 'BnB' of somesort that is situated on some Old Dirt mansion in an old dirt neighborhood...Like around Gettysburg or whatnot...Then, you simply book an off season stay at reduced rates, go there and ransack the place for Old Glory and Old Silver?! Dig up the yard and leave a mess! Even get to holler out, "Mom! Meatloaf!" That would be pretty freaking cool...

I guess a guy could take it one step further and book a fishing trip on some well known Alaskan gold rich river, but instead of fishing, you make the guide tote you over to some paydirt gravel and sluice for gold all day long! I'm liking this thought concept! 'Shore Lunch included', the ads say...:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom