First Purchase

RandyCT

I am looking to start this wonderful hobby but know very little about the detectors themselves.

I live in Connecticut. Mostly interested in relic hunting. Woods and fields. The beach would be the least likely place I would go.

I hope to be under $200 for my first purchase.

Also what features and/or extras should I be aware of when looking into detectors?

Any good links or sites that explain all the features of detectors?

Thanks in advance.

In that price range, most detectors by the major companies ( Whites, Garretts, Fisher, etc) have similar depths . I would look for the FEATURES that most appeal to you. The only default feature I would advise would be a variable discrimination that goes all the way down to all metal- since you're interested in relics. If you're near a dealer to try some out, so much the better.

Things to consider on getting into this hobby :
In your price range look at
Whites Coinmasters
Fisher F22

Also, I would recommend :
A pin pointer
Digger
Finds pouch

If I can assist just give us a holler here at Antiques Detectors, 620 856 5190

Look in the for sale section. There are a few that I have seen recently for the $200-225 range that are a step above the “beginner” detectors. Totally worth the extra $25 or so.

I am looking to start this wonderful hobby but know very little about the detectors themselves.

I live in Connecticut. Mostly interested in relic hunting. Woods and fields. The beach would be the least likely place I would go.

I hope to be under $200 for my first purchase.

Also what features and/or extras should I be aware of when looking into detectors?

Any good links or sites that explain all the features of detectors?

Thanks in advance.

If you are a beach guy you might want to read this. https://www.bigboyshobbies.net/blog/i-want-to-go-beach-metal-detecting-what-detector-do-i-need/

Any questions feel free to call me! Be glad to help!

Back
Top Bottom