A Different Kind of Return

Troller

Being pretty much just a park hunter, I don't get to find much gold, jewelry or silver. Oh, I get some, but it's far and few between. So since I am treasure hunting, and I find mostly clad, I use the clad to buy an occasional gold coin. In a way it's a metal detecting find and it's a gold coin for free. With the price of silver so low, I also try to buy 2 Silver Eagle coins per month which makes me a "regular customer" at the coin and jewelry store nearby. The woman that takes care of the coins is maybe in her late 40's and outrageously attractive. (not that I would notice being the gentleman that I am) ;) Somehow, I always seem to catch her eating her lunch at her desk in the back coin room. Today was no different and I asked for 2 silver eagles which she had at her desk. She put them in a small zip baggie that was on her desk which I put in my pocket, paid her and left. I got home and ate lunch then went to put the coins in separate holders. When I dumped the coins onto my lap, I got one heck of a surprise. Five unusually cut diamonds fell out with the coins. I wasn't sure if they were real, but considering where they came from and how they sparkled, I figured they had to be. So I called the store but nobody answered the phone while it was lunch break so I left my number and then decided to just take them back. Before I left, I thought "pics or it didn't happen" so I went back in the house and took this one picture. When I walked in the store she was on the phone trying to return my call and hung up when I walked in. She was obviously shook up. Yes they were real and worth "a few grand" and she would have been in "BIG trouble". In all the excitement, I don't think she even thought about a reward that I would have refused anyway. We all make mistakes. She has always been nice, tested a ring for me, checked out that Half Cent I found last year, and likes to see pics of my finds so I was just glad to be able to return them. My reward will be someone who knows I helped her out. I'm sure I will get treated a little special from now on and will have no problem getting a ring tested or good advice on a purchase in the future. Ya know, doing the right thing really does make you feel good. Thanks for reading. This was so strange that I had to share it!

Attachments

• P9170558.JPG
    P9170558.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 381
Good Story, I always say Karma will pay you back!
In this case it has paid her back as you said they are nice and test stuff out for you.

Back
Top Bottom