Some Equinox strategy using-Food for thought

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
I still don't claim to be Equinox expert.
But I have been using and yes even thinking.

With the multi freq capability on Nox, and yes most folks will use multi freq.

One might should be thinking of how to use single freq ops to their advantage.
I say this because depth meter is not as accurate as either Etrac or CTX for example.

So how about a limited digging situation or even a park hunter.

Something I recommend folks do to practice and test, to see how all things on Nox work.
Gold rings is what I want to talk about.

It is my opinion Nox likely deeper on gold rings than either Etrac or CTX.
So when out what are some things when digging is limited and the presence of a gold ring is very possible at the site your hunting.

I recommend folks to actually bury down deeper, and you may have to adjust depth, bury both a clad dime, nickel, and a gold ring (medium sized).

When you bury, see how the Nox behaves with tone, ID, and ID compared to airtest ID of object, and how coil position sensitive sweeping to get signal.

Basically how to recognize deeper gold ring or item of similar conductivity.
Also consider when you are testing, (now 600 model user where will have to make due with more limited single freq ops), but try and see if you can go single freq when you test on your buried objects, and can you by switching freqs, can you discern anything about the target's conductivity.

There has to be some deeper gold rings in parks.
A person I think of they will study up doing the above, might just be able to take a few shots where digging is limited and find a deeper gold ring.

Or even a deeper higher conductor- depending on what you come up with during your buried clad dime test.

Also pay special note if you can get signal using multi freq, but can't get signal using single freq (any).

These toolir if you can put together a regiment to use while detecting, just might come in handy.
Especially during the hotter months detecting, where grass killing can happen, and the extreme heat can talk it toll on you digging multiple holes.

Again remember what Insaid above, vary your test objects depth some. Try to get Nox to behave differently using the single freqs ops, and maybe multi freq too.

I have drawn a few conclusions. But I want to see others here try. And post about maybe.

I messed around with 5 kh on deep silver in the test garden and multi liked it better in park 2 in my garden. I was thinking 5 would smack it harder but that wasn't the case here from what I could tell. Don't know how it would act in other modes though.

Back
Top Bottom