Pointer

I used the Harbor Freight pointer for several years. Upgraded it. It worked ok. Better than not having one. Got myself a good pulse induction pointer. Much better. My daughter got her husband an entry level detector. The kind we do not speak of here. So, with my son in laws birthday coming up I thought I would outfit him with some accesories. I got him a finds pouch, a decent digger by a company called gp. Seems really strong for 20 bucks. And a pinpointer being sold by many companies but universally called a gp pointer. They're about 40 bucks on Amazon. No frills, looks like most high end pointers but only has one sensitivity level and alerts with sound and vibration all the time. Has a led light.

Performance wise, beats the Harbor Freight hands down. Gets about 80% of the depth my more expensive one does in air. If you want or need a fairly inexpensive pin pointer, I recommend it.

Not sure of the quality, I opted for a 3 year full replacement warranty for an extra 5 bucks.

There's youtube reviews of it.

So this one looks exactly like the Garrett Carrot in color, but the housting matches the Pro. Not sure when you say a pinpointer sold by many companies almost implies it is the same as a Garrett.

Just to be clear the Garrett is a USA made and the GP is Chinese made version which appears to be a Garret housing. Many would call that a counterfeit.

This may work wonderful and be the best value, I just feel this info needs to be clarified

So this one looks exactly like the Garrett Carrot in color, but the housting matches the Pro. Not sure when you say a pinpointer sold by many companies almost implies it is the same as a Garrett.

Just to be clear the Garrett is a USA made and the GP is Chinese made version which appears to be a Garret housing. Many would call that a counterfeit.

This may work wonderful and be the best value, I just feel this info needs to be clarified

Please don't take my "sold by many companies" remark to mean also Garrett. What I meant is on Amazon it is listed under many company names such as longrunner, kkmoon, etc. but the model is always gp pointer. I'm not implying it has anything at all to do with Garrett. It's not even in the same league. It's an inexpensive pointer with decent price to performance. That's all. Hope that is clear.

Does it matter if the PinPointer is being used at the beach ?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Please don't take my "sold by many companies" remark to mean also Garrett. What I meant is on Amazon it is listed under many company names such as longrunner, kkmoon, etc. but the model is always gp pointer. I'm not implying it has anything at all to do with Garrett. It's not even in the same league. It's an inexpensive pointer with decent price to performance. That's all. Hope that is clear.

Ok, good, just wasn't sure, that's why I prefaced it with a "not sure if you mean"

I've seen some in the past claim it's the same, and it's unfortunate when an American company does All the ground work and a Chinese counterfeit company gets all, the sales. Just wanted to help the new folks out with their buying decisions.

Ok, good, just wasn't sure, that's why I prefaced it with a "not sure if you mean"

I've seen some in the past claim it's the same, and it's unfortunate when an American company does All the ground work and a Chinese counterfeit company gets all, the sales. Just wanted to help the new folks out with their buying decisions.

It's all good brother. There are a lot of counterfeit pro pointers about. If this one was a counterfeit I would never recommend it. Based on its' features, markings and operation I can honestly say I don't think they're ripping anyone off.

I'm Going To Be Taking My Minelab Pinpointer Pro 35 For A Test Run Tomorrow.

I Have To Say I Haven't Been Out Since I Order It, Just Couldn't Dig Anymore Without More Hole Help :laughing:

Like others have said, don't go the cheap route! I started with a freebie cheapo. It did work, but the range was so limited, you had to piratically touch the find to make it go off unless it was large iron. I then bought a Garrett carrot, and man, that thing is awesome!

Don't buy Deteknix, it is rubbish. Sensitivity is poor, performance is clumsy and they react to hot rocks.
Read this guide https://www.comparedetectors.com/how-to-choose-a-pin-pointer.html

I would recommend Garrett (carrot) AT, XP Mi-6, or new Minelab Pro-Pointer. Stick to proven probes.

My Deteknix bought over two years ago, has always worked fine. "That's my story and I am sticking to it" 😊 Anyway, I consider it fine for $89 new. It is a fine "budget-buy" on a hard budget.

Love my Garrett AT Orange Carrot

Hi,
I am sure you will never be sorry if you buy the AT orange carrot pin pointer. I would be lost without mine. Once I find a good signal and pin point with my machine, I pin point with my pin pointer even before I dig the plug. You will find you will be digging much smaller plugs and will have little to no problems finding the item.
Bubbaron AT Pro & AT Orange Carrot Pin Pointer

A good quality pin pointer is worth what it costs in time saved in locating the target. Plus a good quality pin pointer can frequently help you to keep hour plugs smaller and less noticeable which is Very important when detecting public property.

I prefer the Garrett AT (Garrett Carrot) due to the different sensitivity settings and the Customer Service provided by Garrett in case it should fail.

Back
Top Bottom