Pre Irma & Post IrmaGeddon hunts

Dirty Love

Elite Member
Was having a great time last Friday at the beach, no real concern about Irma:cool:. Being a FL.Native I should of known better, but have gotten too complacent with my," yawn, just another hurricane":roll: attitude. To my defense, Pinellas County, aka Tampa Bay has not received a direct hit since 1921, but that one did create some major passes we use today. By Friday night I was feeling the pressure:?: and on Saturday morning in major house prep mode.:shock: Got through it ok ,thanks to her land fall farther South, but have been without power since late Sunday night and have some heavy yard clean up to do.
On Friday's hunt, I scooped up 8 rings. One 14k/with a diamond ( It's white gold but looks gold in the pics), five silvers and two junker toe rings... Two of the four toe rings are silver and one ring appears to have an opal. Also &2.37 in coin and a bunch of lead. This hunt was after Harvey had stirred things up with some pretty good size rollers & breakers that made their way over to our coast all week.
>>> after the silver rings dried out, I hit them lightly with a screw driver handle to get most of the crust off and then in the tumbler for a few hours.
This mornings low tide hunt was just a few hours and only on the beach slope since the water is still too ruff. Lots of greenies in coin and green seaweed on the beach. probably would of done better if all that seaweed was raked up...maybe would of gotten a little gold:yes:. All the jewelry is junk, but at least the $6.28 in coin is real:lol:
DL

Attachments

• P1110016.JPG
    P1110016.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 831
  • P1110018.JPG
    P1110018.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 831
  • P1110020.JPG
    P1110020.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 830
  • P1110024.JPG
    P1110024.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 825
  • P1110048.JPG
    P1110048.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 824
  • P1110044.JPG
    P1110044.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 795
  • P1110071.JPG
    P1110071.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 777
  • P1110075.JPG
    P1110075.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 789
  • P1110067.JPG
    P1110067.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 790
All the jewelry is junk?

Edit... I read the whole post...:laughing:

Congrats on the killing...

<°)))>{

Yours is the first Post Irma hunt I have read about on any of the forums! Nice job!!

Awesome hunting! :shock:
That's a great collection of rings and the 14k + diamond is quite a beauty! :thumbsup:
But that opal though-- wow. I absolutely LOVE opals. I found a tiny, very weathered one once in a pendant. Still hoping I can maybe restore it. That's a gorgeous one you've got there!

Made my morning trip up to a hot spot at McDonalds to use the WiFi. People without power or internet around here fill the parking lot just for this reason. Some McDonalds open with just burgers and fries from the drive thru, that line goes around the block. My 4th day now without power....that is,me and a few 100,000 still hoping today is the day
DL

All the jewelry is junk?

Edit... I read the whole post...:laughing:

Congrats on the killing...

<°)))>{
LoL, TMI?, Get to the finds part already!!
Thanks

Like that 14k with Diamond!! Very NIce!
Thanks Joe.

Yours is the first Post Irma hunt I have read about on any of the forums! Nice job!!
Thanks Ron, hope to get in the water on today's afternoon low tide.

Awesome hunting! :shock:
That's a great collection of rings and the 14k + diamond is quite a beauty! :thumbsup:
But that opal though-- wow. I absolutely LOVE opals. I found a tiny, very weathered one once in a pendant. Still hoping I can maybe restore it. That's a gorgeous one you've got there!
Being its a 925 ring...you can have it. lol...Opals are not a hard stone and can get beat up pretty bad, this one must not of been in the water too long since it's not crusty and the opal, if it is real, still looks good. Thanks TK

That's a beautiful 14k ring, congrats on the other finds too! :)
Thanks XT

Great score congrats! :cool:
Thanks Irons

Nice finds DL. The ring is the prize of the day. Good hunting.
Thanks DD
It was a nice prize after digging mostly crusty 925 that are pretty much toast....and about those darn toad rings, geez...don't they come in 14k?

Nice going! That 14k is super!
thanks Steve, it made the hunt!!

Very nice, looks like you were on it well with the crusty stuff and that 14K is a beaut, the setting is holding onto that diamond tight :D

Congrats on the finds. White gold is often gold plated in Rhodium and has to be replaced from time to keep it looking white otherwise it's just gold like yours

Day 5 and still without power:no: So, in McDonalds parking lot getting my WiFi fix. Leaving here shortly to hit the water for the first time, Gulf looks nice on the local beach cam. My real treasure find would be returning home and having power...Today is the day, I hope. If not power, then a little gold in the scoop would be nice!
DL

Very nice, looks like you were on it well with the crusty stuff and that 14K is a beaut, the setting is holding onto that diamond tight :D
Yep, going to hit that beach again this morning and see what Irma did to it.
Thanks Carib

Congrats on the finds. White gold is often gold plated in Rhodium and has to be replaced from time to keep it looking white otherwise it's just gold like yours
Thanks Numil,
I thought the ring looked gold in the pic since my phone is gold colored and reflects that onto what i'm taking a picture of when I use flash.

Being its a 925 ring...you can have it. lol...Opals are not a hard stone and can get beat up pretty bad, this one must not of been in the water too long since it's not crusty and the opal, if it is real, still looks good. Thanks TK

Dude! I'd take you up on that if I didn't live on the other side of the planet! Yeah, it's rare to recover an opal in such good condition-- they can be pretty delicate!

For that matter, I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable actually wearing one. I wear a lot of silver rings (imagine stereotypical eccentric art teacher-- that's me) and I am not kind to them-- even cracked a couple CZs through everyday wear and tear. Would probably break an opal 10 minutes after putting it on! :lol:

Still- opals are just fun to look at. Like staring into a campfire, ya know?

:dingding: Nice job getting out there and taking advantage of the conditions. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom